Shimanovskaya Y.V., Sarychev A.S., Goldzin E.
INDIVIDUAL PSYCHOLOGICAL FEATURES YOUNG AND MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN WHO ARE EXPOSED TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: EXPERIENCE OF SOCIAL-PSYCHOLOGICAL-PEDAGOGICAL RESEARCH
Shimanovskaya Y.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Sarychev A.S.2 (Arkhangelsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Goldzin E.1 (Israel) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Russian State Social University
2Northern State Medical University
Abstract. The article discusses the importance and necessity of studying the personal characteristics of women who have experienced domestic violence in order to increase the effectiveness of legal and socio-psychological and socio-pedagogical assistance. It was revealed that among young and middle-aged women who have been subjected to domestic violence, personality types of psych asthenic, anxious and suspicious character prevail, with a predominance of negative attitudes towards themselves, towards the past, and uncertainty about the future. The analysis of the responses of young women who have experienced domestic violence suggests that less than one third of the respondents were able to build friendships in their family, the rest are still afraid of close relationships, do not trust others enough to share their innermost with them. A similar picture is observed in middle-aged women, who are more focused on maintaining relationships within the current family. An analysis of the responses of women of both age groups who have experienced domestic violence, relative to the time perspective, indicates the predominance of a negative attitude towards the past with a pronounced uncertainty about the future and the attainability of the set goals. Thus, the results of the study make it possible to predict the direction and quality of the activities and behavior of this category of women, to develop recommendations for increasing the effectiveness of socio-psychological and pedagogical assistance to young and middle-aged women who have experienced domestic violence.
Keywords: individual psychological personality traits, domestic violence against women, young women, middle-aged women.
- Antonyan Yu.M., Rachitskaya V.A., Timoshina E.M. Domestic violence. Monograph. Moscow, Prospect Publ., 2021. 232 p. (In Russian). ISBN: 978-5-392-34552-6
- Batyushkova V.E. Violence in family. problems and solutions. Zakon i parvo, 2021, no. 1, pp. 83-85. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44505430
- Abramenkova V.V., Egorychev A.M., Zaretsky V.V. Safe educational environment: cross-cultural analysis based on materials from Russia and the United States. Monograph. RSSU Publ., 2020. 414 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43922948
- Water Yu.I. Social rehabilitation of women subjected to domestic violence. Petrozavodsk, New Science Publ., 2019. pp. 194-197. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42394925
- Volosova N.Yu. Family (domestic) violence as an interdisciplinary problem. Issues of Russian and International Law, 2017, no. 7. pp. 310-319. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29982195
- Egorychev A.M. Russian culture and the traditional Russian family: revival or complete degradation? Moscow, Econ-inform Publ., 2018. pp. 121-129. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35689519
- Kazachkova V.G. The method of unfinished sentences in the study of personality relations. Questions of psychology, 1989, no. 3, pp. 154-157. (In Russian).
- Klimenok M.A. Domestic Violence and Ways to Overcome It in Contemporary Russian Society. Young Scientist, 2019, no. 10 (248), no. 178-180. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37100699
- Pakhomov A.P. Sachs-Levy’s Unfinished Sentence Methodology as a Study Guide. Experimental Psychology, 2012, vol.5, no. 4, pp. 99-116. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19056865
- Rostovskaya T.K., Egorychev A.M. Gulyaev S.B. Historical and cultural perspective on the image of a woman: multidimensionality of perception and expression. Values and meanings, 2020, no. 1 (65), pp. 110-124. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42484728
- Rostovskaya T.K., Egorychev A.M., Gulyaev S.B. Contacts of social life: the role and influence on the formation of a harmonious person and a happy society. Alma-mater (Bulletin of the higher school), 2021, no. 5, pp. 76-82. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.20339/AM.05-21.076
- Rostovskaya T.K. Violence prevention as a factor of family safety: Russian and Kazakh experience. Woman in Russian society, 2018, no. 1 (86), pp. 78-88. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32651170
- Semerikova A.A., Anisimova N.R. Psychological features of victim behavior of women in situations of domestic violence. Service in Russia and abroad, 2015, no. 1 (57), pp. 57-66. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23598663
- Sinyuk D.E., Pavlyukovets O.A. Mechanisms of psychological defense used by women who have experienced domestic violence. Scientific works of the republican institute of higher education, 2017, no. 17-3, pp. 354-360. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30009861
- Slanova A.Yu. Domestic violence as a social problem in modern Russia. Discussion, 2015, no. 10 (62), pp. 127-131. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25071313
- Sobchik L.N. Individual-typological questionnaire: a practical guide to the traditional and computer versions of the test. Moscow, BORGES Publ., 2010. 59 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20110420
- Tausinova O.K. Influence of the stage of development of psychological trauma on personality traits in women subjected to domestic violence. Modern science: actual problems of theory and practice, 2020, no. 11, pp. 98-102. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44458555
- Timkova T.A. Selected issues of using the personality traits of the victim in the process of investigating violent crimes against women. Legal Concept, 2016, no. 2 (31), pp. 69-71. (In Russian).
Shimanovskaya Y.V., Sarychev A.S., Goldzin E. Individual psychological features young and middle-aged women who are exposed to domestic violence: experience of social-psychological-pedagogical research. CITISE, 2021, no. 4, pp.431-440. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.4.40