DEVELOPMENT OF FINE MOTOR SKILLS IN PRESCHOOL CHILDREN AT COURSES ON MENTAL ARITHMETIC
Dolgaia N.A.1 (Makhachkala, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Dagestan State Pedagogical University
Abstract. The article considers fine motor skills as one of the important directions in the development of preschool children. The purpose of this article is to study the possibilities of using an abacus (counting board) in the development of fine motor skills of preschool children in classes on mental arithmetic. Using abacus, children playfully acquire motor skills by applying specific actions to move the bones on the abacus, thereby stimulating the work of the two hemispheres. The article considers the main stages of the development of fine motor skills in children when working with a counting board, describes the gradual transition from simple to complex, determines the relationship of motor skills of hands and fingers with the development of a preschool child. The article presents several ways for children to work with their fingers on the abacus, which are not just chaotic movements on the abacus, but movements that correspond to certain rules of working with the instrument. It is noted that each finger has its own functions, and it is important to take this into account when organizing work with children. The influence of the instrument and its exceptional usefulness in the development of fine motor skills in children is noted. Working on the abacus is a kind of gymnastics for the fingers, which activates several systems at once – nervous, bone, muscle, visual. The problem of increasing the effectiveness of complex work on the development of fine motor skills and coordination of finger movements of children does not lose its relevance even at an older age.
Keywords: abacus, fine motor skills, memory, development, additional education.
- Vostretsova N.S. Intellectual development of children engaged in “mental arithmetic” technology. Russian Journal of Education and Psychology, 2019, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 16-22. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41454202
- Ganeeva A.R. From the experience of teaching children mental arithmetic. Scientific aspect, 2019, vol. 2, no. 2. pp. 171-177. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38576601
- Ganiev R.I., Bagautdinov R.R., Sheimardanov Sh.F. Analysis of the influence of mental arithmetic classes on the intellectual and creative abilities of children. Pedagogical Journal of Bashkortostan, 2020, no. 1(86), pp. 22-34. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43845732
- Kusainova G.T. And again about mental arithmetic. Young scientist, 2018, no. 9(195), pp. 163-165. (In Russian).
- Marishina A.A. Mental arithmetic. Some questions of analysis, algebra, geometry and mathematical education, 2017, no. 6, pp. 114-115. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29372709
- Medvedeva L.V. Mental arithmetic as a means of developing mental abilities. Bulletin of scientific conferences, 2017, no. 7-1(23), pp. 82-84. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29842472
- Dobritsa V.P., Dobritsa I.S., Loktionova N.N. Mental arithmetic as a means of preparation for compressive learning. Scientific notes. Electronic scientific journal of Kursk State University, 2019, no. 1(49), pp. 209-213. (In Russian). URL: https:// www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37165614
- Novoselov Yu.A. Methodology of mental arithmetic. Education and training of young children, 2017, no. 6, pp. 73-74. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29435834
- Sukhomlinsky V.A. On mental education. Kiev, Rad. shk. Publ., 1983. 206 p. (In Russian).
- Chernysheva D.S. The study of the possibilities of developing the creative potential of a younger student’s personality by means of mental arithmetic in conditions of additional education. Education and upbringing, 2018, no. 1(16), pp. 61-65. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32445967
- Sharafieva A.R. The history of the development of mental arithmetic / A. R. Sharafieva. Bulletin of Modern Research, 2018, no. 5.3(20), pp. 571-572. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35287986
- Fatimah B., Javali A., Ansar H. Mental Arithmetic Task Classification using Fourier Decomposition Method. 2020 IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing. Chennai, India, 2020. pp. 46-50. DOI: 10.1109/ICCSP48568.2020.9182149
- Olimov B.U., Olimova D.B. Organization of mental arithmetic courses for primary school students. Theoretical & Applied Science, 2020, no. 4(84), pp. 943-946. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.15863/TAS.2020.04.84.171
- Artemenko C., Ehlis A.C., Nuerk H.C. The neural correlates of mental arithmetic in adolescents: A longitudinal fNIRS study. Behavioral and Brain Functions, 2018, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12993-018-0137-8
- Toshpulatova D. The role of mental arithmetic in improving mathematical literacy in primary school. Theoretical & Applied Science, 2019, no. 12 (80), pp. 184-186. (In Russian). URL: https://dx.doi.org/10.15863/TAS.2019.12.80.37
Dolgaia N.A. Development of fine motor skills in preschool children at courses on mental arithmetic. CITISE, 2021, no. 4, pp.137-144. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.4.14