Mabiala G., Golubova T.N., Makhkamova Z.R.
THE ESTIMATION OF ECONOMIC LOSS FROM CHILDREN TUBERCULOSIS IN THE REPUBLIC OF CRIMEA
Mabiala G.1 (Simferopol, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Golubova T.N.1 (Simferopol, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Makhkamova Z.R.1 (Simferopol, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University
Abstract. In this article, a systematic analysis of the dynamics of detection, prevalence and impact of all forms children tuberculosis localizations is carried out. The general trends of indicators reflecting the deterioration of children’s health due to tuberculosis are considered. It has been proven that the consequences of illness, disability and temporary disability have an economic aspect. At the same time, opinions were formulated that a significant part of public funds is used to prevent and eliminate these consequences through partial financing under articles of the central and local budgets. Therefore, the realization of objective study of the interaction between the children health and the regional economy, a computational and logical approach to assessing economic loss is required, in connection with real changes in the incidence of children tuberculosis, mortality, disability, temporary disability, etc. A sequential method of Excel-parametric calculations, a computer Excel-model approach for calculating, extrapolating and forecasting economic damage resulting from the incidence of tuberculosis in children are proposed. The amount of economic damage was calculated, by years, and the total cost of verifying the diagnosis of tuberculosis, treatment and monitoring of its effectiveness in the Crimean children was found. The statistical and mathematical analysis substantiated the trends of the main indicators of the incidence of tuberculosis in children. The forecast of economic damage from tuberculosis in children in Crimea has been substantiated.
Keywords: childhood TB, childhood TB incidence, childhood TB prevalence, economic damage, cost of medical care, temporary disability benefit, lost taxes, budget expenses, Republic of Crimea.
- Abalkina I.L., Demin V.F., Ivanov S.I., Economic parameters of risk assessment for calculating the damage caused by the impact on the health of the population of different factors of harm. Problems of risk analysis, 2008, no. 2, pp. 132-138. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=16367996
- Alexandrov M.A. Paradoxes of perception of the results of public health research and factors affecting its formation. Medical statistics and organizational work in health care institutions, 2019, no. 4, pp. 9-15. (In Russian)
- Gelmanova I.E., Zemlyanaya N.A., Edilbaev A.B. Analysis of the cost of anti-tuberculosis interventions focused on the patient with tuberculosis in urban outpatient settings. Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, 2016, no. 9 (7), pp. 16-24. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.21292/2075-1230-2016-94-7-16-24
- Barinova A.N., Plavinsky S.L. Estimation of the cost of a prevented case of HIV infection for a simplified analysis of the cost-effectiveness of preventive measures. Medicine, 2016, no. 4 (4), pp. 13-21. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28287419
- Boytsov S.A., Samorodskaya I.V., Tretyakov V.V. Mortality gradient of the population aged 40-59 years in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation. Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 2014, no. 7-8, pp. 106-111. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21994481
- Bushueva GA, Polzik EV, Makarov EN, Assessment of the magnitude of economic damage caused by the unfavorable state of health of the population of an industrial city. Health Economics, 2003, no. 1, pp. 11-14. (In Russian) URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27109797
- Gerasimenko N.F., Aleksandrova O.Yu., Biksolt A.M. Development of a mechanism for implementing the norms of the Federal Law “On protecting the health of citizens from the effects of second hand tobacco smoke and the consequences of tobacco consumption” dated 23.02.2013 No. 15-FZ. Bulletin of Roszdravnadzor, 2014, no. 2, pp. 70-81. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21455722
- Dremcheva N.K., Yazdovskaya A.V., Reshetova D.V. Analysis of indicators with primary morbidity. Bulletin of neurology, psychiatry and neurosurgery, 2019, no. 1, pp. 16-28. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28416005
- Indikova I.N., Shevtsov V.A., Volgin A.R. Epidemiology of hepatitis A and vaccine prevention tactics. Biopreparations. Prevention, diagnosis, treatment, 2015, no. (4), pp. 11-6. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24958394
- Lastovetskiy A.G., Kitanina K.Yu., Khromushin V.A. Assessment of the activities of institutions and public health authorities. Bulletin of Neurology, Psychiatry and Neurosurgery, 2019, no. 2, pp. 76-80. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36995800
- Leshchuk S.I., Surkova I.V., Olshevsky A.G. Calculation of economic damage from morbidity of the population. Bulletin of the Irkutsk State Technical University, 2014, no. 1 (84), pp. 137-144. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21137520
- Leshchuk S.I., Surkova I.V., Olshevsky A.G. Improved methodology for assessing economic damage from the incidence of the population. Bulletin of the Irkutsk State Technical University, 2013, no. 12 (83), pp. 321-326. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21098283
- Mikheeva I.V., Mikheeva M.A. Assessment of direct economic damage caused by rotavirus infection. Infectious Diseases, 2017, no. 15 (4), pp. 95-9. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.20953/1729-9225-2017-4-95-99
- Mikheeva M.A., Mikheeva I.V. Dynamics of the rating of economic damage from infectious diseases as a criterion for the effectiveness of epidemiological control. Journal of Microbiology, Epidemiology and Immunobiology, 2020, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 174-181. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.36233/0372-9311-2020-97-2-174-181
- Mikheeva I.V., Fomkina N.N., Mikheeva M.A. Modern epidemiological and economic characteristics of whooping cough in Moscow. Journal of Infectology, 2019, no. 11 (1), pp. 84-91. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.22625/2072-6732-2019-11-1-84-91
- Nesterova O.L. Global risk factors for public health: mortality and disease burden due to the main risk factors. Medical statistics and methodology in health care institutions, 2019, no. 4, pp. 3-8. (In Russian)
- Skvirskaya G.P., Volnukhin A.V. The main directions of improving activities in the field of public health and health care management in modern conditions in the Russian Federation. Modern problems of health care and medical statistics, 2020, no. 2, pp. 348-366. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43819663
- Pimenova A.S., Borisova O.Yu., Tsvirkun O.V. and others. The effectiveness of the use of molecular genetic diagnostics in the examination of foci of pertussis infection. Infection and immunity, 2017, no. 7 (2), pp. 162-70. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.15789/2220-7619-2017-2-162-170
- Pozdnyakov A.A., Chernyavskaya O.P. Manifestations of the epidemic process of measles and rubella at the present stage. Epidemiology and vaccine prevention, 2018, no. 17 (5), pp. 45-53. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.31631/2073-3046-2018-17-5-45-53
- Polishchuk M.V., Zdolnik TD, Smetanin V.N. Ixodic tick-borne borreliosis: the current epidemiological situation in the regions of the center of the European part of Russia. Russian medical and biological bulletin named after academician I.P. Pavlova, 2017, no. 25 (2), pp. 20-28. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.23888/PAVLOVJ20172202-208
- Surkova I.V., Leshchuk S.I. Raschet ekonomicheskogo ushcherba ot ekologicheski obuslovlennoy zabolevayemosti naseleniya. Metodicheskiye ukazaniya. Nauka i obrazovaniye: novoye vremya, 2016, no. 2. pp. 62–73. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26144554
- Chumak Ye.V. The role of nursing staff in promoting public health. Medsestra, 2019, no. 1, pp. 46-48. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36685715
- Surke M., Sauto Arce R., McKee M. Economic damage from ill health: the situation in the European Region. Copenhagen, WHO Regional Office for Europe Publ., 2008. 37 p.
- Surkova I.V., Leshchuk S.I. Calculation of economic damage from ecologically caused morbidity of the population. Methodical instructions. Science and education, 2016, no. 2 (13), pp. 62-73. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26144554
- Khantimirova L.M., Kozlova T.Yu., Postnova E.L., Retrospective analysis of the incidence of viral hepatitis B in the population of the Russian Federation from 2013 to 2017 in the aspect of vaccination. Biopreparations. Prevention, diagnosis, treatment, 2018, no. 18 (4), pp. 225-35. DOI: http://doi.org/10.30895/2221-996X-2018-18-4-225-235
- Shmakov D.I. Assessment of economic damage from loss of health of the population in Russia and its regions. Moscow, Institute of National Economic Forecasting, Russian Academy of Sciences Publ., 2004. 154 p.
Mabiala G., Golubova T.N., Makhkamova Z.R. The estimation of economic loss from children tuberculosis in the Republic of Crimea. CITISE, 2021, no. 3, pp.226-242. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.3.19