Skryl T.V., Markov A.Yu.
PROBLEMS OF REALIZING THE SPACE INDUSTRY’S POTENTIAL IN THE PROCESS OF DIGITAL ECONOMY FORMATION
Skryl T.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: Skryl.TV@rea.ru, Markov A.Yu.2 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics
Abstract. The article reveals the problems of realizing the potential of the space industry in the formation of the digital economy. Today the space industry is the place where breakthrough technologies are created. Using the advantages of innovative technologies, the space sector can offer a wide range of economic opportunities and challenges. The activities of the space industry can become a pillar of growth in the digital economy. On the one hand, the digital economy creates new conditions of uncertainty as an objective need to restructure the economic system. On the other hand, the digital transformation carries a number of risks of losing the existing economic sustainability. The authors refer to the space industry and the related innovative space and digital technology market as the object of analysis of this study. The paper shows the limitations of the research thought and ways to improve the theoretical and methodological foundations of the study of the problems of space exploration. The paper considers Russia’s place in space activities at the level of global trends, in particular the transition from “Old space” to “New Space”, shows the problems of space, which is reflected in the rapid growth of scientific publications devoted to space issues, emphasizes commercialization as a growth driver of the space industry and market architecture changes, partially explores the covid-19 impact on current and future state of affairs in the space sector. In conclusion, the authors draw attention to the fact that the market of space technology has not yet fully formed due to a number of constraining factors.
Keywords: space, digital economy, uncertainty, industry, technology, potential, economic growth, market, specific asset.
- Zheleznyakov A.B. Rocket and space industry in anticipation of changes. Innovations, 2009, no. 8 (130), pp. 21-23. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=14674184
- Zeldner A.G., Osipov V.S. The role of state corporations in the innovation process. Problems of management theory and practice, 2020, no. 4, pp. 6-16. (In Russian) URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42895616
- Krishtofor A.P. Macroeconomic aspects of the analysis of the world market for space products and services. Bulletin of the University, 2019, no. 6, pp. 77–81. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38219729
- Makarova D.Yu., Khrustalev E.Yu. Conceptual analysis of the world and Russian rocket and space industries and markets. Economic analysis: theory and practice, 2015, no. 28, pp.11-27. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23846465
- Farafonova A.Yu. Theoretical and methodological aspects and mechanisms of public-private partnership. Bulletin of the Chelyabinsk State University, 2017, no. 2 (398), pp. 25-33. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29101949
- Yanik A.A. Space transformation of the economy: precursors and trends. Space Research, 2019, no. 1, pp. 1-14. (In Russian) DOI: https://doi.org/10.7256/2453-8817.2019.1.31049
- Alessandra V. The Rise of Private Actors in the Space Sector. Cham, Springer Publ., 2018. 101p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73802-4
- Iacomino C. Commercial Space Exploration. Potential Contributions of Private Actors to Space Exploration Programmes. Cham, Springer Publ., 2019. – 95 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15751-7
- Emen T . Government intervention in the space sector: policy recommendations for Turkey. Marmara Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Dergisi, 2020, vol. 42 , issue 2, pp. 265 – 282. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14780/muiibd.854382
- Gurtuna O. Fundamentals of space business and economics. Cham, Springer Publ., 2013. – 85 p. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4614-6696-3
- Ivanichkin R.A. Approach of the concept of managing the competencies of employees of the space industry. Economy and management: problems, solutions, 2021, vol. 2, no.5 (113), pp. 136-140. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45789891
- Ivanov O.V., Inshakova A.O. Public-Private Partnerships in Russia. Cham, Springer Publ., 2020. 312 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-56352-3
- McCurdy H. SpaceX: Leveraging Government Support to Raise Private Capital. Financing The New Space Industry. Cham, Palgrave Pivot Publ., 2019, pp. 45-55. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-32292-2_7
- Dawson L. The Politics And Perils Of Space Exploration. Cham, Springer Publ., 2017- 199 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-38813-7
- Madry S. Disruptive Space Technologies and Innovations. The Next Chapter. Cham, Springer Publ., 2020. 252 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22188-1
Skryl T.V., Markov A.Yu. Problems of realizing the space industry’s potential in the process of digital economy formation. CITISE, 2021, no. 3, pp.96-105. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.3.08