Bruk Z.Yu., Kuchterina G.V., Patrusheva I.V., Fedina L.V.
WELL-BEING OF TEACHERS IN INCLUSIVE SCHOOL TRANSFORMATION
Bruk Z.Yu.1 (Tyumen, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Kuchterina G.V.1 (Tyumen, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Patrusheva I.V.1 (Tyumen, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Fedina L.V.1 (Tyumen, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Tyumen State University
Abstract. The authors turn to a discussion of the subjective and psychological well-being of future teachers. The well-being of educators is a prerequisite for the school of the future. The teacher is the center of the educational environment. He sets models and demonstrates attitudes of society towards the inclusive transformation of the school. Subjective and psychological well-being can be critical in the professional development of an educator. Satisfaction with oneself, work, relationships with others will determine the teacher’s involvement in the real processes that take place in a modern school, his willingness to work in conditions of the values of a fair, accessible and equal education for all. Professional training determines the relationship of the future teacher to his profession, to himself, to society. The article analyzes the subjective and psychological well-being of future teachers, depending on their professional experience and level of education. The study was carried out using the psychodiagnostic techniques of M.V. Sokolova and K. Riff. The sample consisted of 65 students: 31 students have higher or secondary vocational education and practical work experience, and 34 students have only secondary general education and experience less than 3 years. The results showed that students with professional experience have a lower level of subjective well-being (statistically significant differences were found on the scales “satisfaction with daily activities” and “tension and sensitivity”) and a higher level of psychological well-being (statistically significant differences were obtained on the scales “environmental management” and “goals in life”). The data obtained confirm the special role of experience and practice in the process of teacher training, the need for its high-quality integration into vocational training programs.
Keywords: subjective well-being; psychological well-being; future teachers; professional experience.
- Bocharova E.E. The relationship between subjective well-being and social activity of an individual: a cross-cultural aspect. Social psychology and society, 2012, no. 4, p. 53-63. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18361695
- Breslav G.M. Psychology of emotions. Moscow, Smysl Publ., 2004. 671 р.
- Bruk Z.Y., Patrusheva I.V., Fedina L.V. Professional Samples in the Training Process of Primary School Teachers for Working with Inclusion. Psychological-Educational Studies, 2018, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 116–126. (In Russian) DOI: 10.17759/psyedu.2018100111
- Ermolaeva M. V. Tо the problem of the modern school teacher’s psychological wellbeing. New developments in psychological and pedagogical research, 2017, vol. 2, no. 46, p. 88-93. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30353238
- Zagvyazinskiy V.I., Volosnikova L.M., Kukuyev E.A., Patrusheva I.V. Academic Mobility in Teacher Education. The Education and science journal, 2020, vol. 22, no.6, p.31-48. (In Russian.) DOI: 10.17853/1994-5639-2020-6-31-48
- Zenina S.R. Features of the subjective well-being of teachers in the professional sphere. Theory and practice of social development, 2012, no. 5, pp. 127-129. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18067108
- Minyurova S. A., Zausenko I. V. Personal determinants of the teacher’s psychological well-being. Pedagogical education, 2013, no. 1, p. 94-101. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18883870
- Pisarevskaya M.A. Teacher’s emotional burnout and psychological wellbeing. World of Science. Pedagogy and psychology, 2019, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 20. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41419717
- Sokolova M.V. Subjective Wellbeing Scale (SSS): A Guide. Yaroslavl, Psychodiagnostics Publ., 1996, 42 p.
- Shevelenkova T.D., Fesenko P.P. Psychological well-being of the individual (an overview of the main concepts and research methodology). Psychological diagnostics, 2005, no. 3, pp. 95-130. (In Russian)
- Campos E.M.M., Gonzalez A.F., Jacott L. Teachers’ Subjective Well-being and Satisfaction with Life. Reice-Revista Iberoamericana Sobre Calidad Eficacia Y Cambio en Educacion, 2018, vol. 16, issue 1, pp. 105-117.
- Diener E. Subjective well-being. Psychological Bulletin, 1984, no. 95, pp. 542-575.
- Graham A., Powell M.A., Truscott J. Facilitating student well-being: relationships do matter. Educational Research, 2016, vol. 58, issue. 4, pp. 366-383. DOI: 10.1080/00131881.2016.1228841
- Holguín C.E., Gutiérrez Sandoval P.R. Resistir la Covid-19. Intersecciones en la Educación de Ciudad Juárez, México. Revista Internacional De Educación Para La Justicia Social, 2020, vol. 9, no.3, pp. 7-23. DOI: 10.15366/riejs2020.9.3.001
- Ignatjeva S., Bruk Z., Semenovskikh T. Reflective Component in the Structure of Children’s Subjective Well-Being. Child Ind Res., 2020, issue. 13, рр. 609–634. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12187-019-09693-9
- Ignatjeva S., Bruk Z., The Research of psychological well-being predictors: comparative study of teachers in Latvia and Russia. EDULEARN20 Proceedings, 2020, pp. 7302-7311. DOI: 10.21125/edulearn.2020.1871
- Ignatjeva S., Fedina L., Iliško D. Attitude of Pedagogical High School Students to Implementation of Inclusive Education. Barcelona, Spain, 2017, pp. 313-320. DOI: 10.21125/edulearn.2017.1071
- Mansoor Vazi M. L., Ruiter R.A. C., Van den Borne B., Dumont K., Martin G. M., Reddy P. Indicators of subjective and psychological wellbeing as correlates of teacher burnout in the Eastern Cape public schools, South Africa. International Journal of Education Administration and Policy Studies, 2011, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 160-169. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5897/IJEAPS.9000006
- Ryff C.D., Keyes C.L.M. The Structure of Psychological Well-being Revisited. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1995, vol. 69, pp. 719-727.
- Suldo Sh. M., Friedrich A. A., White T., Farmer J., Minch D. & Michalowski J. Teacher Support and Adolescents’ Subjective Well-Being: A Mixed-Methods Investigation. School Psychology Review, 2009, vol. 38, no.1, pp.67-85. DOI: 10.1080/02796015.2009.12087850
- Sürücü, A., Yildirim, A., Ünal, A. Examining the relationship between school safety and subjective well-being. Milli Egitim, 2018, vol. 1, issue 217, pp. 179-202.
Bruk Z.Yu., Kuchterina G.V., Patrusheva I.V., Fedina L.V. Well-being of teachers in inclusive school transformation. CITISE, 2021, no. 2, pp.533-542. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.2.48