Merzlyakova E.A., Bridsky E.V.
THE MAIN TRENDS AND PROMISING DIRECTIONS OF E-COMMERCE DEVELOPMENT IN RUSSIA
Merzlyakova E.A.1 (Kursk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Bridsky E.V.1 (Kursk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1South-West State University
Abstract. The article is devoted to the study of the main trends in the development of the e-commerce segment in Russia. It is noted that digital tools are actively implemented in all spheres of the economy and society, which inevitably leads to the emergence of new business formats, one of which is e-commerce. The article presents the typology of e-commerce in terms of subject-object interaction. The factors of development of this segment, produced by suppliers and consumers, are highlighted. The study of the Russian e-commerce market showed that the country continues to form a local system of retail Internet trading integrated into the global e-commerce system. The volume of the Russian Internet sales market in 2011-2020 was steadily increasing showing maximum growth rates in 2018 and 2020. It was established that this dynamic is due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has provided new opportunities and additional «windows» of growth for the e-commerce sector. The main characteristics of the Russian e-commerce sector are analyzed. There are the following: the composition of the Russian Internet trading, the use of online payment services by the population of different age groups, as well as the most visited Russian e-commerce sites with the allocation of their sales volumes, the number of orders and the average receipt. The forecast of changes in the volume of Internet sales under the influence of the pandemic of the research agency DataInsight is considered, according to the factors that will affect the additional growth of the e-commerce market in 2020-2024 are listed. The promising areas of e-commerce development are outlined as the development of personal mobile applications for trading platforms, the creation of services that facilitate work with paper media, the use of QR codes, compulsory labeling, the creation of super-app, the use of recommendation systems, electronic queues are determined. They are relevant and timely solutions that will ensure even greater growth of the e-commerce market in Russia.
Keywords: e-commerce, Internet trading, digital economy, digital technologies, cross-border trade, domestic trade, online payments.
- Mesenbourg, T.L. Measuring the Digital Economy. U.S. Bureau of the Census and University of Maryland Publ., 2001. pp. 6-10. (In Russian)
- Abdrakhmanova G.I., Vishnevsky K.O., Gokhberg L.M., What is the digital economy? Trends, competencies, measurement. Moscow, Higher School of Economics Publ., 2019. 82 p. (In Russian)
- Bychkova I. I. Digitalization of banking activities in the e-commerce market: new opportunities for the development of the credit and financial sector at the present stage. Scientific Bulletin of the Southern Institute of Management. 2020, no. 2, pp. 42-46. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42909015
- Galakhov D.I., Kolmykova T.S Problems of innovative development of the high-tech sector of the Russian economy. Microeconomics, 2012, no. 3, pp. 91-93. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17848283
- Goncharov A.Y., Merzlyakova E.A., Lobacheva D.D. The role of end-to-end technologies of the digital economy in the development of the pharmaceutical industry. Production organizer, 2020, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 27-33. (In Russian) DOI: 10.25987/VSTU.2019.77.39.003
- Kolmykova T.S., Klykova S.V., Makarov N.Yu. “Digitalization” as a new paradigm of socio-economic development. Economics and Management: problems, solutions, 2020, vol. 5. no. 11 (107), pp. 5-9. (In Russian) DOI: 10.36871/ek.up.p.r.2020.11.05.001
- Kolmykova T.S., Shcherbakov V.N., Tretyakova I.N., Sergeeva V.Yu. Analytical tools for assessing the readiness of the national economy for digitalization. Region: systems, economy, management, 2020, no. 3 (50), pp. 120-128. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44100154
- Kolmykova T.S., Zelenov A.V. New quality of human capital in the context of digital transformation of the economic space. Economics and Management: problems, solutions, 2020, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 4-8. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42763207
- Kolmykova T.S., Zelenov A.V. Digital competence of human capital in the context of the development of innovative ecosystems. Innovation and investment, 2020, no. 3, pp. 13-15. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42764927
- Kalmykova T.S. Research of trends in the development of the digital economy in Russia on the basis of international ratings. Innovations and Investments, 2019, no. 3, pp. 29-31. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41444738
- Maslova Zh.N. Main trends in the development and transformation of cross-border electronic commerce during the COVID-19 pandemic. Scientific notes of the St. Petersburg branch of the Russian Customs Academy named after V. B. Bobkov, 2020, no. 2 (74), pp. 66-70. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43075193
- Merzlyakova E.A. Transformation of human capital in the digital economy. Region: systems, economy, management, 2019, no. 4(47), pp. 166-171. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42207863
- Obukhova A.S., Chernykh Ya.V. Robotic automation of processes in the financial sector. The South-West State University news. Sociology. Management, 2020, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 166-178. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44506999
- Obukhova A.S., Palstov A.I. Digital Shadow Economy: a threat to economic security. Proceedings of Southwest State University. Series: Economics. Sociology. Management, 2021, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 82-89. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44837452
- Yakubov M.S., Akramova G.A. E-commerce: outsourcing in e-business. Prospects for the development of information technologies, 2016, no. 29, pp. 91-96. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25946051
Merzlyakova E.A., Bridsky E.V. The main trends and promising directions of e-commerce development in Russia. CITISE, 2021, no. 2, pp.510-522. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.2.47