Kalinina E.S., Manokhina T.V., Stupakov S.A.
IMPLEMENTATION OF REVERSE TEACHING TECHNOLOGY IN LECTURES
Kalinina E.S.1 (Omsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Manokhina T.V.1 (Omsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Stupakov S.A.1 (Omsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1Omsk State Transport University
Abstract. The article analyzes the effectiveness of lectures as one of the types of educational activities of students in a higher educational institution. The purpose of this scientific work is to determine the most relevant form of conducting lectures for students of railway specialties. The results of the analysis of student lecture notes and a survey among students about the methods of preparing for classes and final control are presented. It was revealed that for the majority of students, due to their constant distraction by gadgets during lectures, the educational material is present in the notes in the form of fragmentary phrases and incompletely executed graphic images. As a result, for preparation, they use various Internet resources, information on which is often placed in a distorted form, does not fully reflect the essence of the topic, or includes redundant information, so it is too difficult to understand the topic. In this regard, it is noted that lectures in the traditional format, when the main source of information is the teacher, is ineffective for large student flows, and there is a need for the active use of modern information technologies when conducting lectures. The article describes a method of modernizing the educational process and adapting it to the abilities of students by using the technology of reverse teaching. The main feature of this technology is the “overturning” of the educational process, in which students familiarize themselves with the lecture material on their own before the start of classes, and in classroom lessons, the studied material is discussed and practical skills are developed in the course of laboratory work and problem solving. The analysis of the results of applying the technology of reverse teaching in the study of the discipline «Resistance of materials» indicates an increase in the level of knowledge of students and a decrease in the number of unsatisfactory marks based on the results of the examination session.
Keywords: lecture, synopsis, multimedia technologies, Internet, gadget, reverse teaching, video lecture.
- Bashkin M. A. Lecture-visualization in higher mathematics at a technical university. Actual problems of teaching mathematics at a technical university, 2020, no. 8, pp. 27-32. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44329018
- Bykov A. K. Interactive lecture as a form of educational lesson school training. CITISE, 2017, no. 2 (11), 6 p. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29461681
- Davidenko E. S. Activation of the lecture form of education at the university. Modern problems of science and education, 2019, no. 5, pp. 22. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41258120
- Danilenko L. P., Osipova E. Yu. Prospects for the development of distance education in higher education. Science diary, 2020, no. 3 (39), pp. 14. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42679095
- Dudina M. M. Pedagogical Acmeology: Theory and Practice of Reverse Learning. Ekaterinburg, Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University Publ., 2019, pp. 25-29. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37195243&
- Zaitseva O. V. Formation of electronic educational resources. Educational resources and technologies, 2016, no. 4 (16), pp. 21-27. (In Russian) DOI: 10.21777/2312-5500-2016-4-21-27
- Kamozina O. V. Lecture notes in the study of mathematical disciplines at the university. Bryansk, Bryansk State Engineering and Technological Academy Publ., 2015, pp. 197-100. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29399823
- Lapidus L. V., Gostilovich A. O., Omarova Sh. A. Features of Digital Technologies Penetration into Generation Z Life: Values, Behavioral Patterns and Consumer Habits of the Internet Generation. Public administration. Electronic bulletin, 2020, no. 83, pp.271-293. (In Russian) https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44468618.
- Lisina E. D, Gryaznova E. V., Maltseva S. M. Problems of introducing “flipped classromm” technology into the educational process of a university. Innovative economy: prospects for development and improvement, 2018, no. 7 (33), pp. 247-251. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36529803
- Piralova O. F., Vedyakin F. F., Filippov V. V. Criteria for assessing the quality of training of future engineers. Higher education today, 2020, no. 10, pp. 17-21. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44005229&
- Poshekhonova V. A. Educational Humanities Digital Generation Technology. Pedagogical education in Russia, 2018, no. 5, pp. 13-20. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35022137
- Salya I. L. Information technology in the study of the discipline “Strength of materials”. International Journal of Experimental Education, 2015, no. 8-1, pp. 148-150. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23727776
- Stupakov S. A., Kalinina E. S. The need to use reverse technology in teaching. Trends in the development of science and education, 2020, no. 65-3, pp.74-76. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43989562
- Hizbullina R. Z., Galina G. K., Sultanova R. M. Using distance learning as an innovative technology of the modern education system during a pandemic. CITISE, 2020, no. 4 (26), pp. 149-161. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44515737
- Bergmann J., Sams A. Flip your classroom: reach every student in every class every day. Washington, International Society for Technology in Education Publ., 2012. – 112 p. ISBN: 978-1-56484-315-9
- Rocío Martínez-Jiménez, M. Carmen Ruiz-Jiménez. Improving students’ satisfaction and learning performance using flipped classroom. The International Journal of Management Education, 2020, vol. 18, issue 3. Art.100422. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijme.2020.100422
Kalinina E.S., Manokhina T.V., Stupakov S.A. Implementation of reverse teaching technology in lectures. CITISE, 2021, no. 2, pp.194-202. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.2.19