Akhmetgareeva E.V., Akhunov A.R., Bogolyubov A.V., Izhbulatova E.A., Fatkhutdinova R.S.
FORMATION OF CAREER-ORIENTED KNOWLEDGE IN GEOGRAPHY LESSONS (ON THE EXAMPLE OF STUDYING THE COURSE «GEOGRAPHY OF RUSSIA»)
Akhmetgareeva E.V.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Akhunov A.R.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Bogolyubov A.V.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com, Izhbulatova E.A.2 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fatkhutdinova R.S.1 (Ufa, Russian Federation) – E-mail: email@example.com
1Bashkir State University
2Institute for the Development of Education of the Republic of Bashkortostan
Abstract. Strengthening work on vocational guidance of the younger generation is a requirement of modern society. The school has always “supplied” students with knowledge of the basics of science, introduced them to the main problems facing our country. This article shows the career guidance opportunities of the school course in geography of Russia. Acquaintance with professions is carried out: when working with the text of the textbook, during practical work in the classroom and at the enterprise. The geography course program allows you to give 9th grade students significant information about some professions related directly to the educational material. These are most often such professions as: metalworker, machine operator, field breeder, livestock breeder, electrician for repair and maintenance of electrical equipment, design engineer. The article provides detailed information about industries and an introduction to them in geography lessons. The teacher should categorize the industry material to cover the entire training that can be offered in the study of economic geography. It is concluded that today geography teachers do not have enough scientific and methodological recommendations for acquaintance with professions in different industries of our country. It is noted that in all the main areas of career guidance opportunities, it is necessary to constantly update the teaching methodology in specific conditions, which would be the main one for improving the educational process to gain knowledge on the subject, in this case, geography. Vocational guidance training should ensure not only the development of erudition, it is designed to ensure their socialization – the upbringing of all the mental traits of students necessary for society: perseverance, attentiveness of literacy, or in general, to teach them to work.
Keywords: vocational guidance, geographical specialties, courses in economic geography, geography at school.
- Alekseeva M.E. Opportunities of geography in vocational guidance of students. Kirov, Interregional Center for Innovative Technologies in Education Publ., 2020, pp. 26-29. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42779669
- Andryushova Yu.S. The influence of modern trends in geographical science on the process of teaching geography at school. Izvestiya of the Penza State Pedagogical University named after V.I. V.G. Belinsky, 2006, no. 5, pp. 173-178. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11728117
- Akhmetgareeva E.V., Nigmatullin A.F., Khizbullina R.Z., Yakimov M.S., Yanchurin A.M. Acquaintance with some geographical specialties in the process of teaching geography at school. CITISE, 2020, no. 3, pp. 63-74. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44064961
- Bystrova N.V., Kaznacheeva S.N., Murygin N.S., Pasechnik A.S. Career guidance work in schools as a factor in increasing the level of self-determination of students. Innovative economy: prospects for development and improvement, 2019, no. 3, pp. 42-47. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38534641
- Gaisin R.I., Gilemkhanov I.R., Khayaleeva A.D. Substantive and methodological aspects of the formation of economic and geographical competence of students in geography lessons. Modern science-intensive technologies, 2018, no. 5, pp. 235-239. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35050143
- Dobrzhitsky B.S. Acquaintance with professions in teaching geography: (From work experience). Moscow, Prosveshchenie Publ., 1981. 62 p.
- Doinikova S.E. Vocational orientation of the school course of geography. Ishim, Ishim Pedagogical Institute named after P.P. Ershova Publ., 2019, pp. 114-116. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38308817
- Mashkina I.V., Nikitina Yu.V., Osadchaya E.V. The role of reading in the formation of geographical representations of schoolchildren. Complex studies of childhood, 2019, vol.1, no.3, pp. 232-245. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42948261
- Petrakova S.V. Socio-economic geography at school. Tambov, Consulting company Ucom Publ., 2012, pp. 93-93. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22392886
- Polkova A.S. Career guidance work in an educational organization. Improvement of profile education and pre-profile training. Vestnik Togirro, 2015, no. 2, pp. 61-62. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25644381
- Solodkova O.I. Features of the practical component in the study of the course of economic geography in secondary school. My professional career, 2021, vol.1, no. 20, pp. 62-68. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44692784
- Shimlina (Ryabtseva) I.V. Analysis of the possibilities of geographic education in the professional self-determination of students of the modern school, Science and School, 2017, no. 2, pp.76-82. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29072215
- Dutta M. Place of life stories in labor geography: Why does it matter? Geoforum. 2016, vol.77, pp. 1-4. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoforum.2016.10.002
- Hinde E. Geography matters: Teacher beliefs about geography in today ׳ s schools. The journal of social studies research. 2015, vol .39, pp. 55-62. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssr.2014.07.003
- Piróg D. To study or not to study geography? The changing motivations behind choosing geography degree programs by Polish students in the years 1995-2015. Geoforum, 2018, V.94, pp. 63-71. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoforum.2018.06.013
Akhmetgareeva E.V., Akhunov A.R., Bogolyubov A.V., Izhbulatova E.A., Fatkhutdinova R.S. Formation of career-oriented knowledge in geography lessons (on the example of studying the course «Geography of Russia»). CITISE, 2021, no. 2, pp.183-193. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.2.18