LANGUAGE TRAINING OF SPECIALISTS IN A NON-LANGUAGE UNIVERSITY: OBJECTIVES AND FUNCTIONS
Zhilina L.V.1 (Moscow, Russian Federation) – Е-mail: email@example.com
1Higher School of Economics
Abstract. Language training is gradually becoming an integral part of modern domestic professional education. Let us recall that the system of teaching a foreign language has come a long way and today its key idea is an organic combination of linguistic knowledge, communication skills and practical use of a foreign language. From a linguistic point of view, the use of new methods will expand the horizons of not only students, but also teachers, giving them a chance to work with colleagues who teach their native language in closer contact. The components of the professional language training of an international specialist include: the formation of professionally significant competencies, language professionalization, including early professionalization, preparation for intercultural communication and the use of innovative pedagogical technologies. The author comes to the conclusion that, in general, the process of teaching foreign languages in a non-linguistic university can be presented as a complex pedagogical system based on interrelated structural components – target, content, functional, organizational, evaluative, allocated in accordance with scientific approaches in education, accepted as general pedagogical foundations. As for the strategy for the development of vocational education, the system should have a direction of social and pedagogical conditioning of the educational process; personal developmental orientation of pedagogical communication; openness of the educational environment of the university, etc. The system of teaching a foreign language, like the language in which it expresses itself, is in constant development, and the only way to keep up with the times is to constantly be open to any kind of changes taking place in society.
Keywords: language training, international specialist, professional competencies, language professionalization, intercultural communication.
- Apasova A.S. Contextual training in the system of training future lawyers. New science: psychological and pedagogical approach, 2017, no. 1, pp. 11-15. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28842086
- Butina Yu.V., Korablina M.V. Formation of professional competence in the process of teaching a foreign language. Modern science-intensive technologies, 2019, no. 7, pp. 146-150. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39166014
- Varlamova E.Yu. Linguodidactic competence as a component of the professional competence of bachelors in the direction of training “Linguistics”. Bulletin of the Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I. Ya. Yakovleva, 2013, no. 1-1 (77), pp. 8-14.URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18823206
- Verbitsky A.A. Foreign language education in the context of the profession. Bulletin of the Moscow State Linguistic University. Education and pedagogical sciences, 2018, no. 2 (796), pp. 126-141. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35246464
- Voevoda E.V. The main directions of professionally oriented training of a specialist in international affairs. Monograph. Moscow, MGOU Publ., 2009, 142 p.
- Volenko O.I. On the formation of socio-cultural professional and communicative competence of translators. Moscow, Academy Publ., 2009, 241 p.
- Voevoda E.V., Zhilina L.V. Some aspects of foreign language training of specialists in domestic vocational education: history and modernity. Secondary vocational education, 2015, no. 12, pp. 58-61.
- Volenko O.I., Zhilina L.V. Some aspects of professional training of a specialist in international affairs: a personality-oriented approach. World of science, culture, education, 2018, no. 3 (30), pp. 227-229.
- Mardakhaev L.V., Egorychev A.M., Varlamova E.Yu., Kostina E.A. Development of ethnocultural personality of future teacher in linguistic educational environment of high school. Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University Bulletin, 2018, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 204–216. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35605579
- Paramonova M.I. Implementation of interactive and contextual approaches to teaching a foreign language for special purposes in an electronic educational environment. At the intersection of languages and cultures. Topical issues of humanitarian knowledge, 2018, no. 3 (12), pp. 118-122. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36315437
- Parshutkina T.A. Constructivist theories and methods incorporated in the development of a contextual approach to teaching foreign languages. Bulletin of the Kostroma State University. Series: Pedagogy. Psychology. Sociokinetics, 2019, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 186-189. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37525979
- Tantsura T.A. Contextual teaching of a foreign language in professional training of students. World of science, culture, education, 2018, no. 4 (71), pp. 238-239. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35576108
- Uvarov V.I. Independent work as a necessary resource for improving the quality of teaching a foreign language in a non-linguistic university. CITISE, 2020, no. 1 (23), pp. 195-205. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42771120
- Uvarov V.I. The concept of a global game in teaching students a foreign language. Bulletin of the Russian State University for the Humanities. Series «Psychology. Pedagogy. Education», 2019, no. 3, pp. 107–115. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41125317
- Ergashev K. Newwave in English Language Teaching. Bulletin of science and practice, 2019, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 426-430. DOI: 10.33619/2414-2948/41/61
Zhilina L.V. Language training of specialists in a non-language university: objectives and functions. CITISE, 2021, no. 1, pp.519-526. DOI:http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.1.47