Kugusheva M.Y., Zamiralova E.V.
AUDIT AND ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT OF THE RESOURCE PROCESS OF THE AIRLINE WITH THE PURPOSE OF INCREASING ITS COMPETITIVENESS
Kugusheva M.Y.1 (Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation) – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Zamiralova E.V.1 (Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation) – Е-mail: email@example.com
1Reshetnev Siberian State University of Science and Technology
Abstract. With the development of tourism in the country and the world, the demand for air travel is growing. Airlines need to maintain their business reputation and maintain their loyal customer. It is always important for the airline’s client to understand that the company ensures the safety of the flight, comfort on board the aircraft, the appropriate quality of the service provided and affordable prices. Fulfilling the requirements of passengers every year requires more and more financial costs from the airline. Therefore, conducting a continuous analysis of the activities of resource processes and the economic effect of corrective actions is a relevant and regular action to improve the quality management system and maintain the airline’s competitiveness in the market. The purpose of this study is to conduct an internal audit of the resource process “Providing an aircraft with onboard food and onboard equipment” and an economic assessment of actions to improve it. Research methodology: information on the resource processes of the air carrier’s activities was used as materials for the research. Main methodological directions: process approach; internal process audit; cost model of the process; risk cost assessment; calculated. Scope: Airline quality management system processes; can be extended to other airlines. The presented results are new for airlines due to the lack of sophistication in the application of the process approach when conducting internal audits and spreading the economy of quality. Main results: an audit of the second level process “Aircraft equipment” showed that there are violations that affect the assessment of the quality of services provided by the passenger; it is necessary to pay attention to the updating of internal regulations and the introduction of an additional control stage into the process. An assessment of the costs of measures to eliminate the inconsistencies in the process showed that the financial investment in preventing the occurrence of risk in the process is much less than the loss of loyal customers or the airline’s reputation.
Keywords: airline, quality management system, process approach, internal process audit, process “Providing aircraft with onboard food and onboard equipment”, process “Equipping the aircraft”, cost model of the process, process efficiency, risk.
- Abdurazakov F.Kh. Instruments for increasing the airline’s competitiveness. Neftekamsk, World of Science Publ., 2020, pp. 74 – 81. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42463568
- Adler Yu.P., Shchepetova S.E. What do we expect from the “system of quality economics”? Quality management, 2018, no. 9, рр. 70-77. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36783154
- Antonova T. V. Accounting for national and international requirements when conducting an internal audit in the field of maintaining the airworthiness of aircraft. Young scientis, 2019, no 13(251), pp.323-325. (In Russian) URL: https://moluch.ru/archive/251/57585/
- Geiko L. M., Zekunov A. G. Quality management Systems at civil aviation enterprises. Competence, 2005, no. 7-8, pp. 61-69. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=9271410
- Kidrachev R.N. Assessment of airline competitiveness: problems, approaches, recommendations. Economic Sciences, 2018, no. 164, pp. 52-58. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35682419
- Kostromina E. V. Economy of the airline in the market conditions. Moscow, Concern “Bank Business Center” Publ., 1997, 105 p. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19752712
- Kolomina E. Y. Assessment of quality of services of Russian airlines in the field of passenger transport. Bulletin of the Moscow city pedagogical University. Series: economy, 2019, no. 3, рр. 28-36. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=40872444
- Levshina V.V. Formation of a university quality management system. Monograph. Krasnoyarsk, SibGTU Publ., 2004, 324 p. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=13103821
- Skobeltsyna T.A., Zamiralova E.V. Use of internal audit processes to improve the economy of preschool institutions. CITISE, 2020, no. 1, pp. 124-134. (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/1.15350/2409761.2020.1.12
- Tikhonov A. I. Competitive stability of aviation industry companies. Global scientific potential, 2019, no. 9, рр. 130-134. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41446215
- Khakimzyanova Z. I. Quality Management of airline customer service, 2019, pp. 336-339. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41588422
- Tsedensodnom M. S., Zamiralova E. V. Internal audit of the personnel rotation process in the airline. Science and business: ways of development, 2020, no. 2, pp. 151-155. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42868448
- Chatterjee D., Bose S. K. Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Internal Audit: A Case Study. Management and Labour Studies, 2007, vol. 32, issue 4, pp. 515-521. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0258042X0703200406
- Huang Y., Rundle-Thiele S., Chen Y. Extending understanding of the internal marketing practice and employee satisfaction relationship: A budget Chinese airline empirical examination. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 2018, vol. 25, issue 1, pp. 88-98. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1356766718757270
- Kalemba N., Campa-PlanasFirst F. The quality effect on the profitability of US airline companies. Tourism Economics, 2017, vol. 24, issue 3, pp. 251-269. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1354816617731193
Kugusheva M.Y., Zamiralova E.V. Audit and economic assessment of the resource process of the airline with the purpose of increasing its competitiveness. CITISE, 2021, no. 1, pp.151-162. DOI:http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2021.1.14