PROMOTION IN THE DIGITAL ENVIRONMENT AS A TOOL FOR THE HOTELS EFFICIENCY INCREASING
Julia A. Kabelkaite-Vaitkiene –Senior Lecturer, PhD studentHospitality, Tourism and Sports Industry Department Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow, Russian Federation, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract. The article discusses trends and new opportunities for improving the efficiency of hotel enterprises in the context of the digital transformation of the economy. In particular, it examines the functions of hotel websites as one of the main marketing tools for promoting a hotel product and electronic platforms for selling hotel services. Hypotheses are put forward 1. about the relationship between the growth of the number of online bookings and the share of sales of hotel services made via the Internet and an increase in the average cost of booking, and 2. that as a result of the promotion of a hotel product and services in the electronic environment, the performance indicators of hotel enterprises increase. To confirm or refute the first hypothesis, a multiple linear regression model was used and the influence of the share of online sales on the average booking amount was calculated. To confirm or refute the second hypothesis, based on the available financial statements, a quantitative analysis of key performance indicators of one of the hotel enterprises was carried out before and after the start of promotional activities in the electronic environment, including improving the site by creating the possibility of online booking of rooms and services, posting a feedback form with clients, the introduction of a system of promotions for accommodation and seasonal discounts, the implementation of SEO-promotion, the placement of information in global hotel reservation systems and social networks. Thanks to the research carried out, it has been proven that the growth in the number of online bookings and the share of hotel services sales made via the Internet contributes to an increase in the average cost of booking, that is, the promotion of a hotel product using Internet marketing is economically justified. In addition, the hypothesis was confirmed that the promotion of a hotel in an electronic environment contributes to an increase in the efficiency of its activities.
Keywords: digital economy, digital transformation, electronic environment, e-services, hotel, efficiency, hospitality industry.
- Bogomazova I.V., Anoprieva Е.V., Klimova T.B. Digital Economy in The Tourism and Hospitality Industry: Trends and Prospects. Service in Russia and abroad, 2019, vol. 13, no 3, pp. 34-47. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41249925
- Gileva Т.А., Gilev G.А. Ensuring the Digital Maturity of Enterprises: Directions and Methods. St. Petersburg, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University Publ., 2018, pp. 204-224. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36991995
- Ilina Е.L., Latkin А.N., Sergeeva V.S., Sheveleva L.А. Website of a Hotel Company as a Tool for Transmitting Brand Values and Attracting the Target Audience. Modern management technologies, 2020, no. 2 (92), pp. 1-12. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43851939
- Kabelkaite-Vaitkiene J.А. Methodological Approaches to Studying Mechanisms of Decision-making Dealing with Online Booking of Hotel Services by Individuals. Bulletin of the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics. Ingoing. Path to science, 2018, no. 3 (23), pp. 45-51. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35645660
- Kabelkaite-Vaitkiene J.А. Mobile Devices as a Tool for Interaction Between a Supplier and a Consumer of Tourist Services. Moscow, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics Publ., 2019, pp. 230-235. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37844757
- Korobkov S.А. Integration of internal and external information systems to improve the effectiveness of Internet marketing (on the example of information technology companies). Moscow, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics Publ., 2016. pp. 20-23. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26090823
- Kryukov V.Yu. Market of The Online Booking of Hotels in Modern Russia: Features and Current Trends of Development. Creative economy, 2014, no. 10 (94), pp. 139-146. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22505072
- Ovcharenko N.P., Kostenko K.I., Pavlenko I.G. Digital Technologies and Digital-Market: New Possibilities for Hotel Business. Problems of the modern economy, 2018, no. 2 (66), pp. 229-233. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35665666
- Financial (accounting) reporting according to the Federal Tax Service and Rosstat. Available at: https://www.list-org.com/company/5387/report (accessed 27 November 2020).
- Digital Economy 2019. Brief Statistical Book. HSE. 2020. Available at: https://www.hse.ru/data/2018/12/26/1143130930/ice2019kr.pdf (accessed 27 November 2020).
- Shpyrnya O.V. Use of Information Technologies in The Marketing of a Hotel Enterprise. Scientific Bulletin of the Southern Institute of Management, 2019, no. 2 (26), pp. 115-118. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38584877
- Dzhandzhugazova E.A., Dusenko S.V., Kabelkaite-Vaitkiene J.A., Morozova M.A., Avilova N.L. Hotel industry in the context of Russia’s emerging digital economy. Modern Journal of Language Teaching Methods, 2018, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 263-273. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35406282
- Natu J., Kurniasari F. Sustainable Digital Transformation in the Hospitality Industry: A Study of the Hotel Industry in Indonesia. Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research, 2019, vol. 100, pp. 217-222. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2991/icoi-19.2019.38
- Poldrugovac K., Tekavcic M., Jankovic S. Efficiency in the hotel industry: An empirical examination of the most influential factors. Economic Research, 2016, no. 29 (1), pp. 583-597. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/1331677X.2016.1177464
- Terdpaopong K. Digital Transformation in the Hospitality Industry in an Emerging Country. Hershey, IGI Global, 2020, pp. 223-243. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-7998-2799-3.ch012
Kabelkaite-Vaitkiene J.A. Promotion in the digital environment as a tool for the hotels efficiency increasing. CITISE, 2020, no. 4, pp.348-357. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.4.30