ELEMENTS OF STUDENTS EDUCATIONAL TRAJECTORIES INDIVIDUALIZATION RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS
Denis S. Dmitriev –Candidate Pedagogical Science, Professor, Associate Professor of Mathematics and Business Informatics Department Samara National Research University, Samara, Russian Federation, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4945-8832, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract. The article discusses one of the current problems of the educational process implementation effectiveness – the problem of the student’s educational trajectory individualization. The theoretical and methodological aspects retrospective analysis of scientific research in the framework of student’s educational process individualization (personalization) formation is carried out to identify the most significant advantages of individual students’ educational trajectories implementation in modern educational programs. The author’s attention is focused on approaches of student’s educational process individualization essence and structure content. The analysis showed that the considered topics are widely represented in scientific research of the professional pedagogical community, starting from the end of the 19th century, mainly in the United States of America (USA). The analysis of the individual trajectories transformation allows us to formulate the key advantages of their educational process integration: students independently form the pace of mastering the program; flexibility of approach as the ability to master the discipline materials in the acceptable time, as the ability to adjust the schedule in accordance with their own needs; software and other information technology tools as an auxiliary tool for individualization; ample opportunities to build a trajectory and control the process of forming competencies and intermediate certification in “real time”; an individual trajectory is suitable for educational process various formats; variability of educational technologies and tools of individualization; increasing the students involvement in the educational process; one-to-one training is focused on students with different needs and experiences. The author comes to the conclusion that the significant advantages of student’s individual educational trajectories to the educational program’s implementation actualize the problem of finding optimal tools and technologies for transforming education in order to make it more targeted and specific for each student.
Keywords: individual educational trajectory, education individualization, education personalization, education transformation.
- Kostin G.A., Yumasheva I.A. University educational system management based on the development and implementation of educational individual trajectory technology. Economics and Management, 2020, vol. 26, no. 3 (173), pp. 315-321. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42799432
- Asmolov A.G. Additional personal education in an era of change: cooperation, co-creation, self-creation. Educational policy, 2014, no. 2 (64), pp. 2-6. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23126487
- Tikhonov D.V. Designing an individual educational space for a student by means of a geoinformational educational environment. Advances in the Humanities, 2020, no. 4, pp. 39-44. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42735213
- Komleva N.V., Vilyavin D.A. Digital platform for creating personalized adaptive online courses. Open Education, vol. 24, no. 2. 2020, pp. 65-72. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42811984
- Polupan K.L. Features of the construction of an individual trajectory of student education. Advances in the humanities, 2020, no. 2, pp. 56-59. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42489038
- Strogetskaya E.V., Pashkovsky E.A., Betiger I.B. etc. Students individual educational trajectories in foreign and Russian universities. Information-communication-society, 2020, vol. 1, pp. 235-241. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42341306
- Vdovina S. A., Kungurova I. M. Essence and directions of an individual educational trajectory realization. Internet-journal Naukovedenie, 2013, vol. 6, pp. 1-8. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21405275
- Chernyaeva N.V. The personalization problem of abroad education. Pedagogical education in Russia, 2020, vol. 2, pp. 36-40. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42767357
- Sebastian H.D., Fiedler Sebastian H.D. Personal Learning Environments: Concept or Technology? International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments, 2011, vol. 2(4), pp. 1-11. DOI: 10.4018/jvple.2011100101
- Nada Trunk S., Nastav B., Lesjak D., Sulcic V. The labour market, graduate competences and study programme development: a case study. Higher Education in Europe, 2006, vol. 31(1), pp.53-64. DOI: 10.1080/03797720600861219
- Aithal P.S., Shubhrajyotsna A. IoT and personalized education – will it achieve the objectives of education industry 4.0? Mangalore, Srinivas University Publ., 2019, 400 p
- Garcia-Delmuro, Ces’Ari Racine Teacher Experience with Personalized Learning: Training, Program Elements, and Teacher Role at Two Low SES Schools. Los Angeles, University of California, 2019, 167 p.
- Vaganova O.I., Pavlova E.S., Shagalova O.G., Voronina I.R. Technology of education individualization. Baltic Humanitarian Journal, 2020, vol. 9, no. 2 (31), pp. 208-211. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42919335
- Varlamova V.A. Individual educational trajectory in pedagogical research. Modern education: traditions and innovations, 2020, no. 2, pp. 182-184. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42945786
- Prain V., Cox P., Deed C. etc. Personalised learning: Lessons to be learnt. British Educational Research Journal, 2013, vol. 39(4), pp. 654–676. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/01411926.2012.669747.
- Learner N. Reformers, teachers, writers. Curricular and Pedagogical Inquiries. University Press of Colorado Publ., 2019. 179 p. ISBN: 978-1-60732-880-3
- Dewey J. Democracy and Education. Simon and Schuster, 1997, 378 p.
- Distinguished Contribution for Applications in Psychology Award for 1976. American Psychologist, 1977, vol. 32(1), pp. 68–71. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/h0078483
- Moje E. Developing socially just subject-matter instruction: A review of the literature on disciplinary literacy learning. Review of Research in Education, 2007, vol. 31(1), pp. 1–44. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3102/0091732X07300046001
- Dwivedi A., Dwivedi P., Bobek S., Sternad Z.S. Factors affecting students’ engagement with online content in blended learning. Kybernetes, 2019, vol. 48 (7). pp. 1500-1515. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/K-10-2018-0559
- Zubrinic K., Kalpic D. The Web as personal learning environment // International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning. 2008. vol. 3 pp. 45–58.
Dmitriev D.S. Elements of students educational trajectories individualization retrospective analysis. CITISE, 2020, no. 4, pp.511-519. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.4.44