O. Ganina, E. Plashchevaya, O. Ivanchuk
THEORETICAL PRINCIPLES OF DEVELOPING A PHYSICS COURSE IN A MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Olga G. Ganina – Head teacher of chair of physics, mathematics and medical informatics of Astrakhan State Medical Academy, Astrakhan, Russian Federation, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8417-9965, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elena V. Plashchevaya – Cand. Sc. Education, Associate professor of a medical physics department of Amur State Medical Academy, Blagoveshchensk, Russian Federation, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5492-037X, E-mail: email@example.com
Olga V. Ivanchuk – Doctor of Education, associate professor, Head of a department of physics, mathematics and medical informatics of Astrakhan State Medical University, Astrakhan, Russian Federation, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1614-7483, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract. As is shown by the analysis of methodic literature and practice of training future doctors in clinical disciplines, situational tasks simulating professional activity are applied as didactic means. Such situational tasks have strongly pronounced professional contents and their solving allows the students to apply theoretical knowledge and teachers to create additional motivation to studying subject knowledge. Having generalized the available experience of implementing the situational approach we put forward an assumption about the necessity and practicability of applying the given approach to teaching physics to medical universities students. In spite of the huge experience of implementing the situational approach into educational process, availability of numerous definitions of the notion “situational approach”, nowadays there weren’t revealed algorithms of developing such situational tasks in physics as well as requirements to their creation (selection, design). For solving the given issues, the authors performed analysis of situations that appear in professional activity of doctors from the point of view of a psychological component. The given approach is conditioned by the need of forming clinical thinking among future doctors, which undoubtedly lies in the subject field of psychology. It was established that among many professional situations there may be singled out crisis, necessity, choice, conflict, fight, innovation situations. Using the generalized contents of the given situations, requirements to situational tasks as means of teaching physics to future doctors, were formulated. The developed didactic material in the form of laboratory practical work was introduced in the practical training of teaching physics to students of medical universities. For assessing the efficiency of the developed didactic means there were used methods of mathematical statistics that allow confirming the accuracy of the obtained results.
Keywords: situational approach, teaching physics to students of medical universities, requirements to didactic means of teaching.
- Buravkova A.G. Situational tasks as a way of forming doctor’s clinical medical judgement. Novosibirsk, SibAK Publ., 2014. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21283220
- Komarov V.F. Differential diagnosis of internal diseases. Monograph, 2003, 237с. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19522181
- Paltsev M.A., Stechnik A.M., Denisov I.N. Pressing matters of clinical training in medical universities. Medical care, 2002, no. 4, pp. 36-40. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22908118
- Andronov V.P., Anoshkin N.K. Psychological peculiarities of medical judgment of medical universities students. MGU Messenger, 1993, no. 1, pp. 42-45. (In Russian)
- Blinov V.M. Efficiency of teaching. Moscow, Pedagogics Publ., 1976, 191p. (In Russian)
- Arbuzova E.N. Theory and methods of teaching biology. Moscow, Urait Publ., 2018, 396 p. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24894669
- Komova S.Yu., Tsvetikova L.N. Implementation of pedagogic technologies as a way of increasing motivation in teaching adults. Novosibirsk, Association of Researchers “Siberian Academic Book”, 2013, no. 26, pp. 73-77. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20519219
- Novikova T.V., Vorobeichikova O.V. A model of computer education of doctors. Higher education in Russia, 2010, no. 3, pp. 102-107. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=13215782
- Hegglin R. Differential diagnosis of internal disorders. Moscow, 1997, 794 p.
- Grishulin S.I. Is modern science possible without intuition: Models of creative intuition in the context of science, philosophy and forecasting. Moscow, LKI Publ., 2008, 160 p. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20046530
- Fundamentos metodológicos de la formación de elementos de pensamiento clínico en estudiantes de una universidad médica mientras se enseña física. Revista Dilemas Contemporáneos: Educación, Política y Valores Año: VII, Número: 1, 1 de Septiembre al 31 de diciembre, 2019.
- Yazykova N.V. Workbook with tasks and exercises on methods of teaching foreign languages. Moscow, Prosveshchenie Publ., 2012, 240 p. (In Russian)
- Krysanova O.A. Situational approach to forming professional competency of a future physics teacher in the innovation activity. Tomsk State Pedagogical University Bulletin. 2010, no.1, pp. 23-28. (In Russian) . URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=14308341
- Trifonova S.A. Psychology of social situations. Yaroslavl, Yaroslavl State University Publ., 2004, 91 p.
- Eseryel D. Approaches to Evaluation of Training: Theory & Practice. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, vol. 5, no. 2, 2002, pp. 93–98. (In English)
Ganina O.G., Plashchevaya E.V., Ivanchuk O.V. Theoretical principles of developing a physics course in a medical university. CITISE, 2020, no. 2, pp. 27-37. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.2.03