T. Semenovskikh, G. Kuchterina
FORMATION OF MEANING-LIFE ORIENTATIONS OF CADETS IN CULTURAL AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES
Tatiana V. Semenovskikh – PhD of Psychological science, Associate Professor of Department of Child Psychology and Pedagogy, Institute of Psychology and Pedagogy, University of Tyumen, Tyumen, Russian Federation, E-mail: email@example.com
Galina V. Kuchterina – PhD of Psychological science, Associate Professor of Department of Child Psychology and Pedagogy, Institute of Psychology and Pedagogy, University of Tyumen, Tyumen, Russian Federation, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract. The article deals with the phenomenon of “meaning-life orientations” from the position of an axiological approach that postulates attention to universal values. The theoretical justification of the structural and functional model is given and the testing of the program for the formation of meaningful life orientations of cadets in cultural and leisure activities is described. In the ascertaining experiment, diagnostic methods are used: the test of meaning-life orientations by D.A. Leontiev and the “Scale of existence” by A. Langle and K. Orgler. The authors suggested that in order to form meaningful life orientations, it is necessary to rely on five main aspects that make up the essence of the studied phenomenon. Among these aspects stand out: purposefulness as a necessary condition for planning your life and implementing your plans; “reasonable selfishness”, which includes such important personality traits as objectivity towards yourself; reflection; education of leadership qualities; the desire to improve, through the perception of your past experience as positive and, interiorization of values, primarily spiritual and moral. The formative experiment was conducted on the basis of a structural and functional model consisting of four interrelated blocks: target, formative, functional and effective. To determine the formation of life-sense orientations, the authors followed three criteria. Motivational-value criterion-determines the presence of a stable internal need for a cadet to learn values and search for an ideal, strive for self-knowledge and self-determination, “fit” their self into the world around them and society. Cognitive criterion-defines the set of knowledge and concepts necessary for the effective implementation of the process of forming meaningful life orientations. Behavioral criteria include reflexivity, awareness of what is happening, and the ability to improvise in the context of a situation. According to the results of the control experiment, the indicators for the sub-scales of meaning-life orientations in the cadets who participated in the formative experiment increased, which allowed us to recognize the program as effective.
Keywords: cadets; goal-setting; reflexivity; meaning-life orientations; cultural and leisure activities; existence; self- transcendence.
- Bogacheva I. G. Theoretical Approaches to the Study of the Value-Sense Sphere of Personality. News of the Russian State Department. A. Hercen, 2009, no. 98, pp. 247–252. (In Russian)
- Gildebrand D. Ethics, St. Petersburg, Alethea Publ., 2001, 569 p. (In Russian)
- Evseeva L. V. Justification of the Need for Humanization and Humanization of Military Education. Journal of Military University, 2010, vol. 22, no. 2, рр. 31–35. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=15186081
- Ivin A. A. Scientific edition, Moscow, Higher school. Publ., 2006, 390 p. (In Russian)
- Krepak A. S. Military-pedagogical orientation of professional training of military personnel of contract service in conditions of additional professional education. CITISE, 2020, no. 1, рр. 92– (In Russian) DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.2020.1.09
- Krivtsov S. V., Langle A., Orgler K. The Existenzskala Scale by A. Langle and K. Orgler. Existential Analysis, 2009, no. 1, рр. 141– (In Russian)
- Leontiev D. A. Psychology of Meaning: Nature, Structure and Dynamics of Meaning Reality. Monograph. Moscow, Meaning Publ., 2007, 512 p. (In Russian) URL: http://psychlib.ru/inc/absid.php?absid=57308
- Lopukha T. L. Professional education of cadets of military universities on the traditions of Russian officers. Monograph. Novosibirsk, NWVKU Publ., 2019, 274 p. (In Russian)
- Mardakhayev L. V. Moral Foundations of the Personality of a Modern Officer. Journal of the Academy of Military Sciences, 2015, no. 3, рр. 53–58. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27177804
- Mardakhayev L. V. Formation of Foundations of Humanitarian Culture of the Future Officer. Humanitarian Problems of Military Affairs: Military-Scientific Journal, 2014, no. 1, рр. 197–200. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25597312
- Osipov F. M. Value orientations of the educational system of the university. Human capital, 2013, vol. 50, no. 2, рр. 38– (In Russian)
- Razgonov V. L. Value attitude of cadets to key ideas of military service: mechanisms of formation. Bulletin of the Academy of military Sciences, 2015, no. 3, р 89–93. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27175658
- Suslov D. V., Yaroslavtseva N. V., Evdokimov A. A. Innovation of military education: problems and prospects. CITISE, 2020, no. 1, р 135–146. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.2020.1.13
- Fedoseeva I. A., Gushcha R. A. the Moral component-the basis for the formation of professional qualities of the future officer. Prospects of science, Vol. 104, no. 5, рp. 97–101. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35353375
- Frankl V. Тhe Will to meaning, Moscow, 2018, 162 p.
- Shokhin V. K. Тhe Philosophy of values and axiological early thought, Moscow, RUDN Publ., 2006.
- Chan D. V. Orientations to happiness and subjective well-being among Chinese prospective and in-service teachers in Hong Kong. An international journal of experimental educational psychology, 2009, iss. 2, vol. 29, рр. 139–151.
- Peterson C. Orientations to happiness and life satisfaction: the full life versus the empty life. Journal of happiness studies, 2005, 1, vol. 6, рр.25–41.
- Steger M. F., Todd B. Kashdan. The Unbearable Lightness of Meaning: Well-Being and Unstable Meaning in Life. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 2013, 2, no. 2, рр. 8. DOI: 10.1080/17439760.2013.771208
- Tal Ben-Shahar. Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment, McGraw Hill Companies Publ., 2007, 162 p. DOI: 10.1036/0071492399
- Taylor R. The Meaning of Life, E. D Klemke and Steven Cahn. New York, NY, Oxford University Press Publ., 2008, 136 р. URL: http://faculty.smu.edu/jkazez/mol12/Taylor.pdf
- Längle A., Orgler Ch., Kundi M. The Existence Scale. A new approach to assess the ability to find personal meaning in life and to reach existential fulfilment. European Psychotherapy, 2003, 4, no. 1, рр. 135–151.
Semenovskikh T.V., Kuchterina G.V. Formation of meaning-life orientations of cadets in cultural and leisure activities. CITISE, 2020, no. 1, pp. 366-379. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.1.34