T. Lopoukha, D. Suslov
MILITARY AND PEDAGOGICAL EDUCATION OFFICERS OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
Tatyana L. Lopoukha – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Humanities and Socio-Economic Disciplines of the Novosibirsk Higher Military School, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dmitry V. Suslov – Candidate of Military Sciences, Head of the Tactics Department of the Novosibirsk Higher Military Command School, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation, E-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. The article analyzes the problem of the formation of the military pedagogical education of officers of the Russian Armed Forces in the historical practice of the national military school. It is noted that such a need arose when Russia moved to development along the capitalist path in the conditions of a shortening of the service life and the introduction of all-union military service. The course of reforming the system of military education in the post-Soviet period, including its scientific ideas and solutions, is analyzed. The features of modern tasks performed by the Russian military school, determined by the nature of military threats existing for the country, are noted. A brief analysis of the directions of training military personnel in the US military education system, openly attributed Russia in doctrinal documents to its opponents, is presented. The necessity, confirmed by pre-Soviet and Soviet experience of fundamental military-pedagogical training of officers, was noted. The authors stand on the position that today there is a need to improve the military-pedagogical education of officers of the Russian army. It must, without fail, organize the improvement of military-pedagogical and ideological-value training of cadets of the country’s military universities. Their training program should include both independent disciplines “Military pedagogy” and “Military psychology” with a volume of at least 4 credits each and the disciplines “Moral and psychological support of the activities of troops with a volume of at least 2 credits. Modern requirements for mastering the skills of research makes it appropriate to introduce the course “Methodology, methods and methods of scientific research.” The directions of the implementation of this task in military high schools, possible in modern conditions, are suggested.
Keywords: military pedagogical education, reforming the military education system, taking into account the domestic and foreign experience of training officers.
- Abramov A.P. Domestic and foreign experience of personality formation in a military education. Moscow, DirectMEDIA Publ., 2014, 227 p. (In Russian)
- Sokolkov E.A. Anthology of military-pedagogical thought of Russia. Novosibirsk: NVVPOU Publ., 1991, 85 p. (In Russian)
- Pronin V.I. Anthology of military-pedagogical thought of Russia. The first quarter of the XX century (1921–1925). Novosibirsk, NVVPOU Publ., 1992, 89 p. (In Russian)
- Asriev A.Yu., Areshin D.N. The pedagogical system for the development of the educational potential of cadets in the study of disciplines of the professional unit. Scientific and Information Journal Army and Society, 2013, no. 3 (35), pp. 39-44. (In Russian)
- Baklanov I.O. The development of theory and practice of the system of military professional education of cadets of aviation universities. Voronezh, 2012, 605 p. (In Russian)
- Boykov L.V., Satarov V.V. Fundamentals of the operational art of the US armed forces. Foreign Military Review, 2014, no. 7, pp. 3-12. (In Russian)
- Verkhovsky A.I. Russia at Calvary. From the camping diary 1914-1918, 1918, 143 p. (In Russian)
- Vladimirov A.I. On the innovative Armed Forces of Russia, national military thought, military science and professional military education. Available at: URL: http://www.kadet.ru/lichno/vlad_v/Ob_innov_VSRF.htm (accessed 9 October 2019
- Burdock A.D., Lopukha T.L., Turkin E.V., Chebatarev V.A. Military socialization of cadets of military universities in modern sociocultural conditions. Monograph. Novosibirsk, NVI VV MVD Publ., 2016, 156 p. (In Russian)
- Gareev M.A. On the nature and appearance of the armed struggle of the future. Army collection, 2003, no. 4, pp. 6-11. (In Russian)
- Gridnev D.A. The system of military education in the context of reform. Yekaterinburg, USTU-UPI Publ., 2010, 172 p. (In Russian)
- Lopukha A.D., Suslov D.V., Razgonov V.L. The development of the pedagogical system of military vocational education. Problems of modern teacher education, 2018, o. 59-2. – S. 358-362. (In Russian) URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35204338
- National military strategy of the United States of America in 2015. Russia today. Available at: URL: http://inosmi.ru/op_ed/20150703/228922858.html (accessed 9 October 2019).
- Speech by the US President at the graduation ceremony at the United States Military Academy. RIA Novosti. Available at: URL: http://inosmi.ru/world/20140531/220697692.html (accessed 9 October 2019).
- Lobov V.N.. On the duty and honor of the military in the Russian army: Collection of materials, documents and articles. Moscow, Military Publishing House, 1991, 368 p. (In Russian)
- Reform of military education. Theses of the State Secretary – Deputy Minister of Defense N.A. Pankov at a meeting of the press club of military observers. Sight. Business newspaper. Available at: URL: http://vzrutest.goodoo.ru/information/2009/1/21/248884.html (accessed 9 October 2019).
- Razgonov V.L., Suslov D.V., Lopukha T.L. Training of military scientific and pedagogical personnel of the highest qualification: problems and prospects. World of Education – Education in the World, 2018, no. 3 (71), pp. 122-127. (In Russian)URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36981168
- Rukshin A.S. Some results of the reform of the Armed Forces. Military-industrial courier, 2012. Available at: URL: http://vpk-news.ru/articles/13125 (accessed 9 October 2019).
- Samokhvalov Yu.P. Military training centers in the system of modern military education: a sociological analysis. Yekaterinburg, 2015, 205 p. (In Russian)
- Streletsky A.N. US officer training system. Foreign military review, 2006, no. 11, 12 p. (In Russian)
- Alekhine I.A. Theory and practice of professional education of officers in military universities of the Russian Federation. Monograph. Moscow. Military University Publ., 2018, 194 p. (In Russian)
- Brzezinski Z. The grand chessboard: American Primacy and Its – Geostrategic Imperatives. Basic Books Publ., 1997. 223 р.
- Schelton Henry H. Joint Vision 2020. America’s Military: Preparing for Tomorrow. Washington, US Government Printing Office Publ., 2000, 40 p.
Lopoukha T.L., Suslov D.V. Military and pedagogical education officers of the armed forces of the Russian federation: problems and prospects. CITISE, 2019, no. 5, pp. 204-213. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.019.5.19