METHODS OF ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT OF CREDIT RISKS BY LOAN PORTFOLIO
Irina A. Kuzmina – PhD in Economic sciences, associate Professor of accounting, analysis, Finance and taxation of the Academy of FSIN of Russia, Ryazan, Russian Federation, RSCI SPIN-code: 9478-2139, E-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. The article analyzes the process of assessing credit risk on low-debt portfolios of credit institutions as well as practical recommendations for a qualitative analysis of the solvency of potential borrowers. The relevance of this topic is due to the need for timely monitoring by credit institutions of the formed reserves for possible losses on loan and equated debt to the level of credit risk on various loan portfolios in order to maintain profitability and reliability in the financial market. The article describes some methods used in the assessment of credit risk for low-debt assets; provides recommendations for the development of internal regulations and policies for assessing the financial position of borrowers, taking into account the specifics of their activities; defines the criteria for materiality in the amount of receivables; defines the procedure for assessing the creditworthiness of the exclusion of the formal approach by specialists of credit institutions. This article can be useful for readers, employees of credit institutions in order to properly assess the credit risk and the actual formation of reserves for possible losses for both low-debt loans and high-risk assets.
Keywords: economic valuation, credit risks, loans.
- Artyukhova A.V. Banking risks in the field of lending: credit risk. Problems of Economics and Management, 2014, no. 12 (40), pp. 75-81. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22874601
- Borshcheva A.N. New approaches to the definition of the concepts of credit risk and credit risk management of a commercial bank. Economic and Law Issues, 2010, no. 30, pp. 94-97. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17765006
- Gaponenko T.V., Dubrova L.I. Assessment of the credit risk of commercial organizations in the context of macroeconomic instability. Economics and Entrepreneurship, 2018, no. 1 (90), pp. 849-855. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32582754
- Korkina V.S. A differentiated approach to conducting collateral examination in lending to corporate clients of a commercial bank. Property Relations in the Russian Federation, 2014, no. 7 (154), pp. 47-58. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21735562
- Kosmacheva N.M., Stetsyunich Yu.N. Quality assessment of credit risk management in banks by the criterion of overdue debt. Economics of the new world, 2018, no. 4 (12), pp. 47-58. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37355793
- Krichevsky M.L. Financial Risks: A Training Manual. Moscow, KNORUS Publ., 2012.
- Kuzmina I.A., Gracheva A.A., Prudnikov V.V. Criteria for ensuring economic security in lending to legal entities. Financial Economics, 2019, no. 1, pp. 492-495. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36899986
- Kulik V.V., Kremleva I.V. Basics of risk management. Moscow, Sberbank Corporate University Publ., 2015.
- Lyubovtseva E.G., Gordeeva I.A. Credit risk in the risk management system of a commercial bank. Financial Economics, 2019, no. 4, pp. 632-634. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39181055
- Marchuk E.S. Credit risk: content, assessment and methods of credit risk management. Questions of science and education, 2018, no. 8 (20), pp. 71-74. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35123384
- Pomulev A.A. Methodological aspects of operational risk management in lending to corporate borrowers. Shadow economy, 2019, Vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 67-79. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37313592
- Pomulev A.A. Organization of operational risk management in lending to corporate borrowers. Shadow economy, 2019, Vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 139-144. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41255579
- Pudovkina O.E. Approaches in assessing credit risk when assessing a macro regulator in the Russian banking system. Economics and Management of Innovative Technologies, 2019, no. 2 (89), pp. 3. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37131912
- Stolbovskaya N.N. Problems of credit and operational risk assessment in calculating the capital adequacy ratio of a commercial bank. Herald of scientific conferences, 2015, no. 1-1 (1), pp. 132-133. URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29936383
- Surzhko D.A. Bayesian approach to determining the central trend for low default portfolios. Risk management in credit organizations, 2017, no. 2.
Kuzmina I.A. Methods of economic assessment of credit risks by loan portfolio. CITISE, 2019, no. 5, pp. 101-109. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.2019.5.09