O. Makeeva, N. Matveeva, A. Begisheva
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PROFESSIONALISM OF LIBRARY SPECIALISTS
Oksana V. Makeeva – Scientific Secretary Department State Public Scientific Technological Library of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.SPIN-код: 6977-0256,E-mail: email@example.com
Natalya S. Matveeva – Head of Department continuing professional education Department State Public Scientific Technological Library of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, candidate of historical sciences, Assistant Professor, сorr. MANPO, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation, SPIN-код: 3484-4853, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anastasia M. Begisheva – Document Control Specialist of Department continuing professional education Department State Public Scientific Technological Library of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation, E-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. The article explores the question of recurrent vocational educational in the frame of library-information space. The novelty of the research is to extend the increase of scientific knowledge concerning the study of professionalism of library-information space and the role of recurrent vocational education in this process. Results on the demographic indices of students that were trained in The State Public Scientific Technological Library of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences are reported. The article emphasizes the role of additional vocational education in library-information space. The library community of Russia is actively involved in the formation of a system of continuing professional education. The constant increase in the requirements for qualifications and level of professionalism encourages young professionals and silver librarians to regularly engage in professional development. At the same time, the country’s library industry has experienced significant staffing difficulties for many years: a shortage of specialized human resources, the predominance of specialists in related fields of activity in the personnel structure, and the transformation of requirements for employees’ competencies. DPO of librarians needs significant modernization, the introduction of innovative pedagogical technologies in the educational process. The authors argue that the development of continuing professional education through the introduction of innovative educational practices is the most important factor in the development of modern libraries and the professionalism of their staff. The introduction of information and digital technologies, the automation of the main library processes, the use of innovative strategies for the formation and organization of library collections, methods of serving readers and modern library management, all this requires new professional competencies from library managers and specialists to ensure a high level of professionalism for library specialists.
Keywords: the specialists of library-information space, recurrent vocational education, additional vocational education, librarian, professionalism, student.
- Atlas of emerging job. Available at: URL: http://atlas100.ru/ (Accessed 20 July 2019).
- The future of Russia. National projects. Available at: URL: https://futurerussia.gov.ru/ (Accessed 20 July 2019).
- Vladimir Medinsky held a meeting on training and enhancing the prestige of the library profession. Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation. Available at: https://www.mkrf.ru/press/news/vladimir-medinskiy-provel-soveshchanie-posvyashche20171006161833/ (Accessed 20 July 2019).
- Volenko O. I., Skvortzov E.A. System of additional professional education, as a socio-economic sphere of the company: formation and development. CITISE, 2017, no. 4 (13), p. 29. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32336979
- Grebenkina L.K. Social and pedagogical conditions of school teachers and university educators professional development. Pedagogical professionalism in education: Sat. scientific Proceedings of the XIII International Scientific.-practical conf. Novosibirsk. NGPU Publ., 2018, pp. 33-
- Zakharenko M.P. Professional identification of a specialist. Independent library attorney, 2013, no. 3, pp. 7-
- Zubova L.G., Andreeva O.N., Antropova O.A. Continuing vocation education and training: state, regulation, development directions. Innovations, 2017, no.5 (187), pp. 57- URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23076444
- Lindeman Е. V., Taran Е. N. Developing RNPLS&T’s education activities. Library and Education: Annual interdepartmental collection of scientific papers. Moscow, Russian National Public Library for Science and Technology Publ., 2016, 82 p.
- Makeeva O.V. Actual issues of work with the library staff at the present stage of librarianship development. Bibliosphere, 2018, no. 4, pp. 48–55. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36768845
- Makeeva O.V., Matveeva N.S. The personnel reserve of the library: formation and management. Teacher’s professionalism: essence, content, development prospects: materials International. Scientific – practical conference dedicated to the 130th anniversary of the birth of A.S. Makarenko. Moscow. MANPO Publ., 2019, pp. 91-94. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37270487
- The International Federation of Library Associations and Institution (IFLA). Available at: URL: https://www.ifla.org/cpdwl (Accessed 20 July 2019).
- The decision of the Collegium of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation «The concept of additional professional library education in the Russian Federation» of 03.05.2003. Available at: URL: https://www.ifla.org/cpdwl (Accessed 20 July 2019).
- RIA News.Available at: URL:http://www.rba.ru/content/about/doc/concept2.php (Accessed 20 July 2019).
- Tyurin E.I. Features of the motivation to obtain additional vocational education. News of higher educational institutions. University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences, 2012, no 3, pp. 77- URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18152387
- Yusupova I.V. The Role of the Continuing Professional Education System in Ensuring the Efficiency of Employment in the Region. Professional Education in Russia Abroad, 2014, no. 4 (16), pp. 95- URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22837112
Makeeva O.V., Matveeva N.S., Begisheva A.M. Continuous professional education in the development of professionalism of library specialists. CITISE, 2019, no. 4, pp. 500-508. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.2019.4.47