N. Bondarenko, T. Maksimova
THE PLACE OF AGRO-INDUSTRIAL CLUSTERS IN THE SYSTEM OF DIGITALIZATION OF THE RUSSIAN ECONOMY
Nataliya E. Bondarenko – Candidate of economic Sciences, associate Professor of economic theory, Plekhanov Russian University of Economic, Moscow, Russian Federation, SPIN code: 5689-0101, ORCID: 0000-0002-9301-8642, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tatyana P. Maksimova – Candidate of economic Sciences, associate Professor of economic theory, Plekhanov Russian University of Economic, Moscow, Russian Federation, SPIN code: 8289-7692, ORCID: 0000-0003-3536-9062, E-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. Today, the agro-industrial complex is one of the priority areas for the development of the Russian economy. Being a system-forming industry in the country’s economy and the social life of society, it is distinguished by the size of its material and technical base, the scale and breadth of the distribution of production, and the number of employees. The purpose of the study: to determine the place of agro-industrial clusters in the system of digitalization of the economic system of the Russian Federation, to identify the role of the agro-industrial complex in solving the strategic tasks set by the country’s leadership. Research methods: the authors conducted a large study of foreign and domestic scientific papers on institutional and cluster analysis, as well as the principles of localization and regionalization of the agricultural sector of the economy. The results of the study: the article emphasizes the need to improve the efficiency of domestic agriculture through the introduction of digital technologies and the formation of a single information space in the framework of agro-industrial clusters aimed at improving the country’s competitiveness, improvement of investment attractiveness of regions, strengthening the country’s food security. In conclusion, the authors found that agro-industrial clusters are the most effective form of interaction of economic entities in the Russian agricultural sector by creating a synergistic effect through the interaction of three institutional sectors-science, business and government. The main directions and forms of interaction of subjects of agriculture, taking into account the State program of development of agriculture and regulation of markets of agricultural products, raw materials and food for 2013-2020, and also the Forecast of scientific and technological development of agroindustrial complex of the Russian Federation till 2030 are offered.
Keywords: agro-industrial complex, agro-industrial clusters, integration of economic entities, import substitution, digital economy.
- Aziz K. Ab., Norhashim M. Cluster-based policy making: Assessing performance and sustaining competitiveness. Review of Policy Research. 2008, 25 (4), pp. 349-375. DOI: 10.1111/j.1541-1338.2008.00336.x
- Bondarenko N.E., Maksimova T.P., Zhdanova O.A. Agro-industrial clusters: opportunities for innovative development and financing. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 2016, 21, no.6, p. 9. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29447329 (In Russian)
- Cherednichenko O.V. Digital economy in a historical coordinate system. Innovation and investment, 2018, no. 3, pp. 40-44. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=37098968 (In Russian)
- Cherednichenko O.V. A retrospective look at the place and role of the modern industrial revolution. Economics and entrepreneurship, 2017, no. 11 (88), pp. 150-155. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32407514 (In Russian)
- Ustyuzhanina E.V., Dubovik M.V. Conceptual aspects of the development of the Russian economy: challenges and priorities. Monograph. Moscow, KNORUS Publ., 2019. (In Russian)
- Cortright J. “Making sense of clusters: regional competitiveness and economic development”. Pap. Brookings Inst. Metrop. Policy Program, 2006.
- Ustyuzhanina E.V., Dubovik M.V. Development benchmarks of Russian economy. Monograph. Мoscow, KNORUS Publ., 2018, 256 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32698913 (In Russian)
- DeWitt T., Giunipero L.C., Melton H.L. Clusters and supply chain management: The Amish experience. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 2006, no. 36 (4), pp. 289-308. DOI: 10.1108/09600030610672055
- Dubovik M.V. From creative clusters to a creative economy. Bulletin of Economic Integration, 2011, no. 8, pp. 14-22. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=16539483 (In Russian)
- Frolova O.A. Agro-industrial clusters: Russian model. Vestnik NGIEI (Bulletin of NGIEI), 2011, no. 2, vol. 1, pp.129-136. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=18256535 (In Russian)
- Gashawbeza W. Bekele and Randall W. Jackson Theoretical Perspectives on Industry Clusters. RESEARCH PAPER, 2006, no. 5, pp. 1-26.
- Goncharov V.D., Khoruzhiy V.I., Koteev S.V. Placement and specialization of agro-industrial production in Russia. Мoscow, VIAPI Publ., 2015, pp. 89-90. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24414184 (In Russian)
- Goryainova L.V. Public-private partnership as a natural form of transformation of the state and firms. Economics, statistics and informatics. Bulletin of UMO, 2014, no. 4, pp. 35-40. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21820748 (In Russian)
- Glaeser E.L., Gottlieb J.D. The wealth of cities: Agglomeration economies and spatial equilibrium in the United States. Journal of Economic Literature, 2009, no. 47 (4), pp. 983-1028. DOI: 10.1257/jel.47.4.983
- Karaev A., Koh S.C.L., Szamosi L.T. The cluster approach and SME competitiveness: A review. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 2007, no. 18 (7), pp. 818-835. DOI: 10.1108/17410380710817273
- Ketels C.H.M., Memedovic O. From clusters to cluster-based economic development. International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, 2008, no. 1 (3), pp. 375-392. DOI: 10.1504/IJTLID.2008.019979
- Kuznetsov V.I., Esina A.R., Svirchevsky V.D., Bystrov A.V. et al. The results of operational monitoring of the socio-economic development of Russia and the constituent entities of the Russian Federation. Monograph. Moscow, 2016, Vol. 17. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26992338 (In Russian)
- Maguire K., Davies A. Competitive Regional Clusters and National Policy Approaches. OECD Review of Regional Innovation, 2007.
- Maksimova T.P., Bondarenko N.E., Zhdanova O.A. Transformation of farms in the agrarian economy of the Russian Federation in modern conditions. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 2017, 16, Issue 2, pp. 3. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=31688543 (In Russian)
- Orekhov S.A., Kuleshov S.V. Problems of the transformation of the Russian economy. Monograph, Moscow, 2010, pp. 485. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19688697 (In Russian)
- Osipov V.S., Skryl T.V. The Strategic directions of the modern Russian economic. International Business Management, 2016, Vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 710-717. DOI: 10.3923/ibm.2016.710.717
- Osipov V.S., Skryl T.V., Blinova E.A., Kosov M.E., Zeldner A.G., Alekseev A.N. Institutional anaysis of public administration system. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 2017, Vol. 15, no. 15, ppp. 193-203. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29854878 (In Russian)
- Shakya M. Clusters for Competitiveness: A Practical Guide and Policy Implications for Developing Cluster Initiatives, SSRN Publ., 2009. (In Russian)
- Skryl T.V. The effect of losses from the imposition of sanctions in the global economy. Bulletin of the International Institute of Economics and Law, 2014, no. 2 (15), p 20-25. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22959935 (In Russian)
- Sorokina N.Yu., Gubarev R.V., Bondarenko N.E., Maksimova T.P. An assessment of the level of economic integration of Russia’s regions within the system of economic security. Espacios, 2018, Vol. 39, no. 27. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35719447 (In Russian)
- Sidorov V.A The phenomenon of market economy: from the origins to the present day. Monograph. Krasnodar, Research Institute of Economics of the Southern Federal District Publ., 2016, 496 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25947627 (In Russian)
- Gromyko V.V. The formation of the new economy of Russia in the context of globalization. Monograph, Moscow, MAX Press Publ., 2009, 244 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19897685 (In Russian)
- Wolman H., Hincapie D. Clusters and Cluster-Based Development Policy. Economic Development Quarterly, 2015, no. 29 (2), pp. 135-149. DOI: 10.1177/0891242413517136
- Zhdanova O.A. Innovation financing using collective investment tools. Moscow, 2013, 144 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21766669 (In Russian)
- Zhuravlyova G.P. A new course in economic theory. Publishing house TSU them. Derzhavina, 2010, 466 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19912559 (In Russian)
Bondarenko N.E., Maksimova T.P. The place of agro-industrial clusters in the system of digitalization of the Russian economy. CITISE, 2019, no. 4, pp. 451-458. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.2019.4.42