O. Kirilyuk, E. Trofimova
INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO ASSORTMENT MANAGEMENT IN RETAIL TRADE
Olga M. Kirilyuk – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of Department of Management, marketing and commerce of Omsk State University of Communications (Russia, Omsk), ORCID: 0000-0001-7892-6987, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elena L. Trofimova – Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of Department of Management, marketing and commerce of Omsk State University of Communications (Russia, Omsk), ORCID: 0000-0002-3627-9088, E-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. The paper presents a study of some features of the management of the range of goods in the retail trade. The feature of fast rates of branch development in Russia and abroad is reflected, and the factors allowing to predict further growth and development of retail are specified. Special attention is paid to the availability of resources for the organization of trading business and their rapid turnover. Preconditions of high level of competition in the sphere of retail trade are formulated, and the assumption of its further growth is made. In this regard, the main directions of trade enterprise management are considered, and the management of the range of goods as the most significant is highlighted. The results of the study of buyers on the degree of satisfaction with the range of stores in corporate retail chains (retail), as well as their actions in the case of non-satisfaction of consumer choice. The study showed that professionally competent assortment management can significantly improve the competitiveness of the trading enterprise, and the most problematic area of assortment management is the feedback from the buyer and the identification of unsatisfied demand. In this regard, an innovative new way of managing the assortment was proposed on the basis of establishing feedback with the buyer through the installation of displays, which will be presented not only from the range of products that are already in the store, but also one that can be presented. At the same time, this display can be connected to the navigation option in the trading floor, if the desired product is not found by the buyer. The information received from the buyer, processed automatically will be the basis for the adjustment of the range or range of goods as a whole.
Keywords: retail trade, assortment management, innovation, consumer choice research, trade enterprise management, category management.
- Federal Law N 381-ФЗ: On the basis of state regulation of trading activities in the Russian Federation (as amended on December 25, 2018).
- Zakharchenko E.V. (2017). Assortment policy at service companies [Assortimentnaya politika na servisnyh predpriyatiyakh]. Russian Journal of Retail Management, 4(2). (in Russian). – doi: 10.18334/tezh.4.2.38306.
- Fedyunin D.V. Methodology and Methods of Innovation Management in Retail / Monograph / Edited by S.А. Lochana / M. Publisher: KnoRus Company, 2013, 209 p.
- Aliev OM Problems of success of strategic changes in the development of the company // Basic research. – 2018. – № 11-2. – p. 170-175; URL: http://fundamental-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=42318 (appeal date: 05/23/2019).
- Deputatova E.Yu. Issues of studying consumer behavior in the context of innovation in retail // Trade and Economic Journal. – 2017. – Volume 4. – № 3. – P. 141-150. – doi: 10.18334 / tezh.4.3.38447.
- Klimenko T.I. Trends in the innovation development of the services sector of the Russian macroeconomic system // Issues of the innovation economy. – 2018. – Volume 8. – № 4. – p. 647-660. – doi: 10.18334 / vinec.8.4.39671.
- Filin N. N., Bulatova R. M., Muradova S. Sh. Enterprise Innovation Activities: Activity, Efficiency, Potential // Basic Research. – 2018. – № 12-1. – p. 179-183; URL: http://fundamental-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=42373( address: 23.05.2019).
- Nikolaev M.A., Durova A.N. Trade policy of organizations in the sphere of circulation // Trade and Economic Journal. – 2017. – Vol. 4. – № 1. – P. 49-64. – doi: 10.18334 / tezh.4.1.37542.
- Piskunov A.I. Technical re-equipment as a basis for the innovative development of industrial enterprises in Russia // Issues of the Innovative Economy. – 2019. – Volume 9. – № 1. – p. 137-150. – doi: 10.18334 / vinec.9.1.40079.
- Akhmetov T.R. The Theory of Information Evolution in an Innovative Economy // Basic Research. – 2018. – № 11-2. – p. 176-182; URL: http://fundamental-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=42319 (address: 23.05.2019).
- Korotova M. Innovative approach to the management of product range / Modern research and development / Publisher: Scientific Center “Olymp” (Astrakhan), Volume 2, Number 5 (22), 2018.
- Glushchenko V.V., Glushchenko I.I. Methodical problems of development of the postindustrial sphere of service // Economy, business and law. – 2017. – Volume 7. – № 3. – P. 171-184. – doi: 10.18334 / epp.7.3.38325.
- Tuvaev A.V. On the formulation of a research problem on the definition of the concept of innovation and the measurement of its effectiveness // Fundamental Research. – 2017. – № 2. – p. 214-218; URL: http://fundamental-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=41384 (address: 23.05.2019).
- Smirnov E.N. Evolution of innovative development and prerequisites for digitalization and digital transformations of the world economy // Issues of innovative economy. – 2018. – Volume 8. – № 4. – p. 553-564. – doi: 10.18334 / vinec.8.4.39696.
- Prokhorenkov PA, Gusarova OM, Averyanova T.V. Modern marketing information technologies // Basic research. – 2018. – № 12-1. – p. 158-162; URL: http://fundamental-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=42369 (address: 23.05.2019).