LINGUO-CULTURAL PRINCIPLE AS BASIS OF PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OF FUTURE TEACHERS IN HIGHER SCHOOL
Elena Yu. Varlamova – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, associate professor of English language Department, Faculty of foreign languages, Chuvash State Pedagogical University (Russia, Cheboksary), e-mail: email@example.com
Abstract. The article is devoted to the problem of preparing a person for intercultural communication while organizing an educational process in a higher school. Reforms in the Russian system of education determine the requirements of the polycultural society to a future teacher, to the level of personal mastering of foreign languages, to the ethno-cultural preparedness. Such the personal preparedness identifies keeping the socio-cultural status by the person as a representative of the native ethnos and using this position as the basis to realize the developed personal abilities to interact and communicate with foreigners, who represent different cultures. Studying and analysis of the scientific and applied literature, the federal state standards has made it possible to reveal the ethno-cultural component in foreign-language professional competences (capacities), developed in foreign-language professional training of future teachers in higher school. Taking the given demands and the requirements to the teachers into consideration, we have defined the significance of linguo-cultural principle, which acts as the basis of foreign-language professional training of bachelors – future teachers. Educational process, organized on the basis of linguo-cultural principle, implies coherent applying of the system of methods to achieve the purpose of preparing the person to fulfill own abilities and the professional activity in the policultural society.
Key words: foreign-language professional training, professional competence, capacity (ability), linguo-culture, polycultural environment.
- Egorychev A.M., Mardakhaev L.V., Sizikova V.V., Volenko O.I., Akhtyan A.G., Varlamova E.Yu., Knyazkova E.A. Deontological culture of social sphere specialists and the need for its formation // International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology (IJCIET). – Volume 9, Issue 11, November 2018. – Pp. 1781–1788. – Available at: http://www.iaeme.com/ijciet/issues.asp?JType=IJCIET&VType=9&IType=11
- Galajda D. Communicative competence // Communicative Behaviour of a Language Learner, Second Language Learning and Teaching. Springer US. – 2017. – Pp. 19–26. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-59333-3_2
- Hammer M.R., Bennett M.J., Wiseman R. Measuring intercultural sensitivity: The intercultural development inventory // International Journal of Intercultural Relations – 2003. – No. 27-4. – Pp. 421–443. DOI: 10.1016/S0147-1767(03)00032-4
- Kalymbetova E., Kulsariyeva A., Massalimova A. Communicative competence of high school students / ICCSBS 2015 – the annual international conference on cognitive – social, and behavioural sciences / Edited by Bekirogullari, Z. and Minas, MY. Future Academy. – 2015.
- Koester J., Lustig M.W. Intercultural communication competence: Theory, measurement, and application // International Journal of Intercultural Relations. – 2015. – No. 48. – Pp. 20–21. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijintrel.2015.03.006
- Komleva N.V. Professional competence of the person in the Smart-society // Open Education – 2017. – No. 0(1). – Рр. 27–33. DOI: 10.21686/1818-4243-2017-1-27-33
- Kuznetsova I. Self-realization as an issue of humanistic psychology // Science and education. – 2016. – No. 2-3. – Pp. 129-134. Available at: http://scienceandeducation.pdpu.edu.ua/en/articles/2016-2-3-doc/2016-2-3-st23-en
- Mardakhaev L.V., Egorychev A.M., Varlamova E.Yu., Kostina E.A. Development of ethno-cultural personality of future teacher in linguistic educational environment of high school // Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University Bulletin. – 2018. – Vol. 8. – No. 4. – Pp. 204–216. – DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15293/2226-3365.1804.13
- Nguyen H. Social interaction and competence development: Learning the structural organization of a communicative practice // Learning, Culture and Social Interaction. – 2012. No. 1-2. – Pp. 127–142. DOI: 10.1016/j.lcsi.2012.05.006
- Savignon, S.J. Communicative Competence / The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching. – John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. – 2017. – Pp. 1–7. DOI:10.1002/9781118784235.eelt0047
- Stathopoulou M. Cross-language mediation in foreign language teaching and testing // Cross-Language Mediation in Foreign Language Teaching and Testing. – Channel View Publications. – 2015. – Pp. 1–306. DOI: 10.1007/s13398-014-0173-7.2
- Steen-Utheim, A., Wittek, A.L. Dialogic feedback and potentialities for student learning // Learning, Culture and Social Interaction. – 2017. No. – Pp. 18–30. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lcsi.2017.06.002
- Vorwerg C. Communicative Competence: Linguistic Aspects / International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences. – – 2015. – Pp. 294–301. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-08-097086-8.53042-6
- Wahyudi R. Intercultural Competence: Multi-dynamic, Intersubjective, Critical and Interdisciplinary Approaches / Intercultural Competence in Education. – London, Palgrave Macmillan. – – Pp. 144–166. DOI: 10.1057/978-1-137-58733-6
- Yunlong H. Constructing Intercultural Communicative Competence Framework for English Learners. Background and development of intercultural communicative competence // Cross-Cultural Communication. – – No. 10(101). – Pp. 97–101. DOI: 10.3968/j.ccc.1923670020141001.3970