Z. Petrina, M. Zubtsova, A. Katkova, A. Kozlov
MODERN REPRESENTATIONS OF TRAINERS ABOUT USE OF PRAISE AT THE STAGE OF INITIAL SPORTS TRAINING
Zoya I. Petrina – Associate Professor, Department of Sports Disciplines and methods of teaching them, Moscow State Pedagogical University, Moscow, Russian Federation, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Margarita V. Zubtsova – Student of the Institute of Physical Culture, Sports and Health, profile “Management of the development of sports and sports organizations and educational organizations of a sports orientation”, Moscow State Pedagogical University, Moscow, Russian Federation, E-mail: email@example.com
Anastasia M. Katkova – Candidate of pedagogical sciences, head of the department of physical culture and Sports, Moscow State University of Food Production, Moscow, Russian Federation, ORCID: 0000-0003-1630-0115, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aleksey V. Kozlov – Senior lecturer, department of physical culture and sports, Moscow State University of Food Production, Moscow, Russian Federation, ORCID: 0000-0001-6347-7007, E-mail email@example.com
Abstract. The article presents the results of research, which aimed on study of using praise by trainers like a method of motivation in work with young athletes at the stage of initial sports training. One should note that, praise is an effective way of pedagogical influence because children orientate primarily on trainer’s reaction. The main motives to do sports for children are to receive awards, to have an opportunity to get approval from both peers, and from significant adults (parents, teachers, trainers) and so on. The analysis of scientific literature on the topic of our study showed that the description of modifications, rules, ways to express praise in sports activities are not given, thus it reflects the relevance of this article. The aim of research is to find out situations when trainers use praise and which ways of expressing praise are used. The objectives of research are presented by the next aspects: to consider the modern ideas of specialists on the use of praise in sports activities at the stage of initial sports training; to determine when trainers praise their wards; to reveal which methods of praise used in the educational process by trainers. The survey in a form of questionnaire was used by us like the main method of research. The questionnaire was attended by 42 trainers from Moscow in different kinds of sports, like wrestling, gymnastics, athletics, swimming. As a result of the study, 5 groups of praise were identified which were used by trainers in professional activities at the initial stage of preparation: praise for the correct performance of exercises (83.3%); praise for good behavior (50%), praise for the desire to correct their mistakes 47.6%; praise for diligence in the classroom (35.7%); praise for the ability to overcome difficulties (23.8%). As a result of research, the authors concluded that trainers use limited methods of expressing praise and, as a rule, they use only a direct form of praise in training sessions. One of the ways to decide this problem may be to conduct various kinds of training events, which can make a real help to trainers in their professional activities.
Keywords: basic sports training, sports motivation, approval, coach training, praise.
- Baulina M. Magic power of praise. Schoolchild’s health, 2012, no. 7, pp. 22–24. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25381896
- Bessonova I.V. Speech acts of praise and censure of the interlocutor in the dialogical discourse of modern German. Diss. Tambov, 2003, 180 p.
- Bigunova N.A. Approval, praise, compliment and flattery as a tactic for the implementation of communicative strategies. Molodiy Vcheniy, 2007, pp. 265–268. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28288338
- Bikeeva A. Teacher handbook: testing by school: child and teacher. Rostov on Don, Phoenix Publ., 2003, 319 p. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19888345
- Volynkina S.V. Speech genres of praise and compliment in the everyday sphere of communication and the communicative environment of television TOK SHO Doct. Diss. Krasnoyarsk, 2009, 230 p.
- Gordeeva T.O., Sychev O.A. Internal sources of perseverance and its role in the success of educational activities. Educational Psychology, 2012, no. 1, pp. 33–48. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17309466
- Goretskaya K.A. Russian and English language personality in speech situations of praise and flattery. Bulletin of the Volga University. V.N. Tatishcheva, 2010, pp. 123–130. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17919685
- Goryainova N.N. Strategies and tactics of speech behavior using expressions of praise and approval. Diss. Stavropol, 2010, 194 p.
- Goryacheva N.N., Chernyshev S.V. Formation of motivation for regular exercise and sports. Moscow, Moscow Technical University of Communications and Informatics Publ., 360–362 p. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39380496
- Dolgaya N.A., Mungieva N.Z. Motivation for teaching children in the system of additional education. CITISE, 2019, no. 5, pp. 316–325. (In Russian). DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/24097616.2019.5.28
- Dontsov V.V., Mostovaya T.N. The structure of motivation in sports. Science 2020, 2018, no 1-2 (17), pp 67–74. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35087275
- Dyachkova I.G. Praise and censure as speech genres. Bulletin of the Omsk University, 1998, no. 3, pp. 55–58. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=24759925
- Egorova O.V. Emotionality as the basis of evaluative perception. Bulletin of ChSU, 2007, no 1, pp 186–189. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11734357
- Carnegie D. Making Friends and Influencing People. Moscow, Euro-press Publ., 2003, 368p. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20071287
- Klochko L.I., Terenko E.A. Praise in the system of negative politeness strategies. Modern Scientific Herald, 2017, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 73–75. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28381381
- Leontiev V.V. “Praise”, “flattery” and “compliment” in the structure of the English language personality. Diss. Volgograd, 1999, 206 p.
- Lefrancoy Guy. Applied Educational Psychology. Saint Petersburg, Prime Euroznak Publ., 2007, 576 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20091330
- Maslow A. Motivation and personality. Saint Petersburg. Peter Publ., 2010, 352 p. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21551518
- Makarenko V.K. The formation of motivation for physical education and sports. Bulletin of the Penza State Pedagogical University V.G. Belinsky, 2008, no. 10, pp. 10–144. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11728376
- Machine L.A. Formation and development of the psychological and pedagogical culture of a teacher. Diss. Moscow, 1999, 179 p.
- Mladenovich M., Maryanovich A., Kuzikova S. Features of motivation of young Russian football players of different ages. Physical Culture, Sport – Science and Practice, 2012, no. 2, pp. 17–21. (In Russian). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=17797890
- Nemov R.S. Moscow, «Vlados» Publ., 2003, 22 p. (In Russian). URL:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=20071093
- Nizhnik G.N., Stolyarova E.P. Motivation of sports activity in groups of initial training of swimming. Scientific notes of the University named after P.F. Lesgaft, 2016, no. 10 (40), pp. 256–259. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=27262140
- Sergeenko A.N., Sergeenko N.I. Innovative competence of a sports teacher as a factor in increasing students’ motivation for physical education. Minsk, Belarusian State Medical University Publ., 2018, part 2, pp. 94–97. (In Russian). URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41371073
- Tikhomirova E.V., Umanskaya I.A. Motives for playing sports as a psychological resource for successful sports activities. Bulletin of Kostroma State University. Series: pedagogy, psychology, sociokinetics, 2016, vol, 22, no. 2, pp. 234–236. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26622243
- Yaroshevich E.V. Designs of approval and encouragement in the stylistic-syntactic aspect: On the material of modern English. Diss. Moscow, 2003, 199 p.
Petrina Z.I., Zubtsova M.V., Katkova A.M., Kozlov A.V. Modern representations of trainers about use of praise at the stage of initial sports training. CITISE, 2020, no. 2, pp. 326-335. DOI: http://doi.org/10.15350/2409-7616.2020.2.30