O. Nehaeva, A. Borisova
BUSINESS GAMES AS A WAY TO DEVELOP NEGOTIATING SKILLS IN ENGLISH
Olga G. Nehaeva – Candidate of Philology, Senior Lecturer, Voronezh State Technical University (Russia, Voronezh), E-mail: email@example.com
Aleksandra A. Borisova – Bachelor, Voronezh State Technical University (Russia, Voronezh), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract. The article presents an analysis of the use of communicative method of teaching in the study of English. The advantages of the business game to improve the linguistic and communicative competence of students in the framework of professional and business vocabulary and the development of oral and written language skills are described. Business game is considered on the example of negotiations, as this type of communication helps to improve the skills of comprehensive processing of information in a foreign language, mastering the economic and financial terminology at the level of their active use, improve the level of knowledge of professionally-oriented foreign language.
Keywords: business game, communicative method, negotiation skills, English.
- Popova ZD, SterninA. Language and national picture of the world. – Voronezh: Origins, 2003.
- ZarukinaV. Loginova NA, Novik MM, Active teaching methods: recommendations for the development and application: a textbook.-method. allowance. – SPb .: SPbGIEU, 2010 – 59s.
- PassovI. Fundamentals of communicative methods of teaching foreign language communication. – M .: Russian language, 1989 – 276s.
- Domozhirova MA From the experience of conducting business games in teaching students the language of professional communication // Questions of teaching methods in high school .–SPb .: Nestor, 2001 .– Vol. 3. – pp. 58-62.
- Harnett D.L., Cummings L.L. Bargaining Behavior: An International Study. – Dame Publications Inc., 1980.
- Gulliver P.H. Disputes and Negotiations. – Academic Press, 1979.
- Raiffa The Art and Science of Negotiation. – Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1982.
- Stein J.G. International negotiation: A multidisciplinary perspective // Negotiation Journal. – 1988. – Vol. 4. – P. 221–231.
- KhrutskyA. Organization of business games: Textbook. Manual for teacherssred.spets. studies, institutions. – M.: Higher. Sc., 1991 – 320s.
- GinzburgS., Koryak N.M. Socio-psychological support of business games // Game Modeling: Methodology and Practice.- Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1987. – P. 61-77.
- KrasiloI., Novgorodtseva A.P. Reader on educational psychology. – M .: International Pedagogical Academy, 1995. – 416 p.
- DronovaP. Speech clichés in the organization of communicative situations at the highest level of teaching a foreign language at a higher school // Teaching foreign languages in a university specialist training period — Tambov: Tambovsk Publishing House. state Un-that, 1997. – S. 20-23.
- KashinaG. Traditions and innovations in foreign language teaching: a textbook for students of philological 66 university departments. – Samara: Univers-Group publishing house, 2006 – 275с.
- GalskovaD., Gez N.I. Theory of learning foreign languages. Lingvodidactics and methods. – M .: Publishing Center “Academy”, 2007. – 336 p.
- Baranov A.N. Argumentation as a linguistic and cognitive phenomenon // Speech impact in the field of mass communication. – M .: Science, 1990. – C. 40-52.